Chapter Five: The Cast Party, Part 1

** PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS! { CHAPTER MUSIC SELECTION - ONCE ARRIVED AT THE PARTY - The Last Day On Earth by Kate Miller-Heidke }

"I can't do this I can't do this I can't do this I can't do this, Roza," you cry. "Okay so I was hopeful about the job but I had no idea I'd be on Criminal Minds and then I ran into Matthew Gray Gubler and all this is happening so fast I can't even stop and form a normal sentence I mean how do I even go to this thing and meet the whole entire cast and oh my god I just can't."

Roza grabs your shoulders and shakes you. "GOOD GRIEF GIRL. You came out here to act. You just landed a job on Criminal Minds. You better shut your mouth before I go and take your place! Do you see how big an opportunity this is? Of probably hundreds or more applicants, you got chosen. You look freaking beautiful, so you go in there and blow their minds. Especially Matthew's please."

"I can't believe I didn't recognize him. How the HELL did I not recognize Matthew Gray Gubler?" you scoff.

"Because you were obviously in a dumbed state of shock. We watch Criminal Minds all the time, so you know who he is. You just didn't...register it," Roza laughs. "But you're gonna register it tonight."

"I won't even be able to speak to them. I'm just a PA, they won't want to talk to me."

"Oh shush. Look at you. You're stunning. They're all going to stare at you. Even Paget and AJ. Everyone. And of course, Matthew. Make it worth your while, babe, and talk all night. Whether you like it or not, you're a part of the team now," Roza says. "And I'm hella jealous. But so happy for you."

"I can't believe this," you whisper.

"And I can't believe you're still here. It's 7:45!!!"

You curse under your breath. "The perks of living close to CBS."

"It's gonna come in handy, especially when you start bringing Matthew over, and -"

"Don't go there," you blush heavily. "Seriously that's way too far."

"Ya never know," Roza smirks at you. "The Uber's here. Now go. And text me every second that you get."

"I'll sneak in the bathroom to tell you who I've made out with," you laugh, rolling your eyes. Like that'll happen.

"I bet you'll make out with Matthew," Roza teases.

"Oh my god, shut up," you squeal. "I wish. But no, seriously, no."

"You would if he initiated it," she points out.

"Quit it. I'm leaving. Bye," you laugh, winking at her as you go out to the Uber.

Ten minutes later, you're pulling up outside another gate of CBS - a special gate for the cast. You're admitted in with your invite from Cynthia that she mailed you earlier, and directed into a large ballroom area. It almost looks like some kind of elaborate high school prom. Only classier.

As you walk in, a light shines on you. You see it's like a small red carpet, and all eyes suddenly turn to you. Slowly, you begin to recognize people from the cast. There's Shemar, there's Paget...

Your heart starts racing like a hammer, jumping to your throat and making it harder to breath. You hurry off the red carpet and wander over to the drinks area. Your silky blue dress falls just above the knees, and your hair falls around your shoulders. You feel beautiful, and when you catch a reflection in a mirror just near the drinks table, you're actually shocked at how amazing you really do look.

Shyly, you pick up a cup and pour yourself some of the punch there. You're afraid to turn around and meet the cast. They're all mingling around - most of them - and it's almost unreal for you to see them all right there.

"I take it it's a very good thing you're here. You must have gotten the job?!" a familiar voice sounds from behind you.

Your hand tightens around the cup of punch, almost puncturing it in two. Slowly, you turn around to meet the smiling gaze of the one and only, Matthew Gray Gubler.

{to be continued}