Chapter Eleven: The First Day

{ CHAPTER MUSIC SELECTION: Sad Beautiful Tragic Instrumental by Taylor Swift }

A weekend full of distracting yourself went by extremely quickly, and before you know it Monday morning has arrived and you have to go to your first day on set.

Needless to say, you weren't exactly looking forward to it anymore. In fact, you're dreading it. What exactly was going to happen with Matthew?

Roza had kept telling you that he was just freaking out, and it wasn't like he said he didn't want to be with you. But regardless, it'd hurt your feelings, and facing him was going to be terrible. You had to admit though, there was a part of the weekend where you spent it squealing over the fact you'd kissed him and he'd said he'd never felt anything like what he did with you with anyone else. Were you actually going to start dating Matthew?

There were no answers to those questions yet. You had to see exactly how he acted to you when you arrived at work. Perhaps he was just going to ignore you - no, no, you knew that wasn't the case. That wasn't Matthew.

'Remember, you said it yourself, he wouldn't hurt a fly,' Roza had said earlier that weekend, and you let the words repeat over and over in your heart. Matthew was a gentleman.

When you arrive at the studio thirty minutes early to make sure you can find where you're going, you realize how nervous you are. Your first day on the job, and your emotions are already in the way. That's not what you expected. You had expected some nerves with working on the set of Criminal Minds, but now it was just a little bit deeper than that. Perhaps much deeper than that.

You follow the directions Cynthia had given you, and you arrive at the stage where they'll be shooting. You see most of the main cast huddled in a group together outside, reviewing their lines. Matthew isn't there yet. More of the crew is wandering around, setting things up.

Heading inside, you look for someone to introduce yourself to.

"Beautiful lady!" a voice calls out from behind you. Turning around, you see it's Shemar. A nervous smile spreads over your face.

"Finding everything okay? You excited?" he smiles at you, holding his hand up for a high five. He obviously has no clue what happened last night after he saw you and Matthew smooching.

"Actually, no, I have no idea what I'm doing," you laugh, only half joking - returning his high five as you say it.

"I got you," he winks, leading you over to the director, introducing you and leaving you with him to learn about the set. After a tour around, he hands you a list of things to do, showing you to the other PAs on set. For today, you'll be 'shadowing' them so you can get the hang of things. He says for the next day, you'll be on your own jobs. He seems nice.

But 75% of your mind is set on where Matthew is. As you're with the other PAs, gathering equipment and organizing things for the first scene, a prickle rises up on the back of your neck. You avoid turning around immediately, but when you do a few minutes later, your eyes land right on Matthew, who is speaking with the director. His eyes move over to you, catching your gaze. Quickly, you look away and return to your work, but you see Matthew nod to the director and start heading in your direction.

You curse under your breath, turning your back to him and trying to ignore how close he's getting.

"Y/N?" he says softly, and all the other PAs turn around to look at you. Your back is still turned to him, so you rigidly stand up and look back at him.

"Can we talk?" he clears his throat, looking slightly uncomfortable in front of all the other PAs heavy gazes.

You look to the other PAs and they nod. Matthew grips his script in his hands as you follow him to the side of the set.

"I did some thinking," he smiles, his eye twinkling.

You simply raise your eyebrows in response, then change your mind. "I really don't know if I can handle this right now."

He lowers his voice. "At lunch, we'll talk, okay? Every one has eyes on all of us right now, and we definitely don't want you to look bad on your first day."

"Sure, okay," you say, turning away to return to your work.

Matthew grabs your hand quickly. "I want this to work."

You stop, turning back to look at him, unsure of what to say.

"I want to be with you," he whispers, winking and hurrying back over to the director.

Um.

{to be continued}