Chapter Thirty-Six: The Name

{ CHAPTER MUSIC SELECTION: You Are Enough by Sleeping At Last }

"See I was thinking of maybe Evelyn, but then I thought, hmm, I've always wanted a little girl named Mallory, too. There are so many names, you know?" Matthew blabbered on adorably.

Only a few days had passed since you'd found out you're pregnant, and you and Matthew were already listing out hundreds of baby names. Of course you had no idea of the gender yet and wouldn't for a while, but you were both rooting for a girl.

"I like both of those," you smile softly, crossing your legs and leaning against Matthew as he scrolled through a long list of names.

"Or what about Heather, Heather isn't a bad name, it's cute. Or maybe - "

You grabbed Matthew and silenced him with a big kiss. "Shhhh, darling, we have a while yet to plan," you giggle. "We don't have to fret over it yet. Names will come to us."

Matthew blushes slightly and shuts his laptop. He pulls you into his lap, kissing your head. "I'm just so excited...I've wanted a baby for so long."

"Me too," you whisper. "It still doesn't feel real."

"She'll start kicking soon," Matthew grins.

"I hope she really is a she," you sigh softly.

"But even if not, we'll just go for the girl the second time around," Matthew murmurs, his lips brushing against your ear.

"You want two?" you ask brightly. You'd always wanted two kids - a boy and a girl.

"Yeah. From the first day I started dreaming of a family, I saw a boy and a girl."

"They'll be the luckiest daughter and son ever to have you as their daddy," you whisper softly.

Matthew blushes again, kissing your lips gently. "And they'll be the luckiest to have you as their mommy, too, you know."

"Roza is really excited about being godmother," you chuckle. "She totally freaked out when I told her. I can't even imagine what she'll do when the baby starts kicking."

"That'll be a scene, huh?" Matthew laughs.

"She loves babies, though. She'll be so good to have around. She's always been there for me, and I know I can trust her fully with our baby."

"I agree with that. I trust her too," Matthew smiles.

You grumble. "I'm starting to get weird cravings. Isn't it too early for that?"

"Not necessarily. It varies from person to person. How weird is this craving? Do I need to make some calls?" Matthew chuckles.

"Ummmmmm - you might," you blush.

"Tell me," he winks.

"I...really want some ketchup and eggs. With dill pickles and sour cream."

"Phew," Matthew winces playfully. "Sounds...delicious."

"I'll have some stinky breath when I'm done with that..." you smirk at him.

"You know I'll kiss you no matter your breath," Matthew nudges you.

"Really now?" you ask, your eyes twinkling.

"Really, really," he whispers, tilting your head up and kissing you again.

"You have to go to work tomorrow, right?" you ask.

"I do. But we're doing an episode that you don't feature as much. In fact...rumor has it, they're writing you in as being pregnant," Matthew grins.

"NO WAY!!!! Spencer Reid's finally having a kid!?!?" you squeal.

"That he is," Matthew smiles, looking genuinely happy.

"Oh god that is too exciting. Spencer Reid with a daughter..hopefully," you grin.

"I guess we'll find out in a few months, hmm?" he winks.

"I'm having Matthew Gray Gubler and Spencer Reid's baby. Who would of thought that would ever happen?" you laugh, suddenly unable to stop.

Really though, who would have thought?!