Chapter Thirty: Silence

{ NO MUSIC SELECTION FOR THIS CHAPTER }

Matthew's jaw drops in confusion as this mystery girl walks up in front of the crowd.

"Matthew, come up here and meet your colleague!" the production manager smiles, seemingly oblivious to the fact that you were supposed to have that part.

"Um, Eric, Y/N actually was cast for the part of Maria..." Matthew calls out. "We planned for it and everything."

"Oh - sorry, Y/N, we had a last minute change. Lyssa, here, came in last minute as a favor and she's simply perfect for the part. We'll get you in there, though. You could be the victim for this episode - that could be easily arranged," Eric says, continuing to wave Matthew up.

Matthew looks at you sadly, stepping up rather glumly to meet Lyssa. Your heart sinks, and you push your way out of the crowd to step outside. You feel Matthew's eyes on you, but you know he can't follow you right now.

You step outside and immediately start to cry. Suddenly you're overwhelmed with emotions. You'd been so excited to play that part, to really start to do something you wanted with Matthew of all people - and it was just taken out from under you.

After a long time, you decide to go back in and see if they need you - even though your heart can't handle it. No one had come out to get you, so obviously you must not have mattered much, right? Why did this have to happen? Why did some girl just have to come in and take your place? Matthew had said you'd earned your spot, you'd impressed everyone - so why this? Why would they take someone random and replace you? There was no way anyone else would have the chemistry that you and Matthew had.

But there was no point in asking questions. What happened, happened, and you'd just have to deal with it. You suddenly felt so far away from Matthew...even though barely an hour ago, you were shacking it up in the hot tub.

But now this other girl was his love interest. Even if it was on the show - she was still beautiful. She had all the glamour you wished you had. What if Matthew really started to like her? What if everything fell apart?

You knew that probably wouldn't happen - you knew Matthew adored you. But sometimes TV was demanding. And you'd heard the rumors from the writers that things were going to get kind of steamy with Reid this season, since they'd neglected him so much in all the previous ones.

You open the door to the studio and stop cold.

Matthew and Lyssa are standing in front of the crowd, kissing.

{ Sorry it's so short guys, I'll try to update again tonight but definitely tomorrow night!!!}