Chapter.10

Chapter.10
_________________________

I entered the kitchen and yawned. I was surprised to see it empty. I could hear their voices in the living room so I wasn't that worried. I peeked into the fridge and saw there was nothing I could eat that I didn't have to cook. I sighed and closed the fridge.

"Come on, we have to go." Minho said as soon as he entered the kitchen. I stopped what I was doing and turned to face him. "What? What do you mean? What's happening?" I asked him. I watched as he set a couple of duffel bags on the counter and a pet carrier. Everyone started piling into the kitchen with their packed bags.

Chan looked at Minho and then looked at me. "You're gonna ride with Jisung, okay." Chan said to me. My eyes widened, and I shook my head. "What the hell is going on, Chan?" I asked him. He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked me in the eyes. "Jisung will explain when you get there." He replied.

"Get where?" I asked him.

"You're going to be fine," Chan reassured me.

"Why is she going with me?" Jisung asked defensively.

Chan turned to him and clenched his jaw. "Cause they're less likely to check your house." Chan replied. Jisungs eyes furrowed. "No, I'm not taking her." Jisung said.

"Jisung!" Minho said.

Jisung was furious as he met Minho's eyes. "Please, brother, just for three days." Minho sounded desperate. Jisung looked at me with hate in his eyes. He adjusted the duffel bags in his hands and clenched his fists. He looked away from me and pushed past his brothers without saying goodbye. He opened the door that led to the garage and started packing the duffel bags into one of the jeeps.

Minho grabbed my arm and led me into the garage. Jisung hopped in the vehicle and started the engine. Minho opened the passenger side door, and I shook my head. "I'm not going," I said, and he met my eyes. "Well, you don't have a choice." He said to me.

I didn't know what to say. He practically forced me into the vehicle. He set me down in the passenger seat and buckled me. Jisung had a deathgrip on the steering wheel, his eyes looking out the driver side window. After Minho had buckled me up, he stepped away from the vehicle. I grabbed his arm before he could close the door.

"Please," I begged him.

I could tell a part of him didn't want to do this. He looked away from me and pulled his arm from my grasp, and closed the door. The garage doors opened, and Jisung began driving out of the garage. Minho stayed and watched until we made it out of the driveway.

Tears sprung to my eyes, and I shook my head as I looked out the window into the early morning sky. I wiped the tears from my eyes and swallowed the sadness. Crying all the time isn't going to get me anywhere. I'm still trapped and unable to escape this hell. But I couldn't help it. What is there to be happy about anymore? I look at my life and see it amounting to nothing.

As we drove down the familiar road, I thought back to when Minho took me up that mountain and showed me the breathtaking view of the city. How he told me that there were things to live for.

It's just the small things...

I watched the trees as they passed me by. How they swayed in the wind with the sun peeking through their branches. I watched as the birds gathered together in the sky and how beautiful they looked as they landed in the grass.