Chapter.22

Chapter.22
_______________________

"What are we?" I asked.

Minho turned slowly and met my eyes. His skin was practically glowing in the light of the setting sun. We arrived at his house a day earlier after a long and treacherous night at the red clan house. The others are at close distance at Jeongin's house. I wanted to stay a night at Minho's place because I missed the beauty, and he agreed to take me.

Now we sit on the deck where we had our first kiss with our feet dipped in the water. The sun sets perfectly over the lake, and I love to watch the sky reflect its changing colors over the water.

Minho looks down at my lips and then back at my eyes. "I don't know," he replies and then gazes back at the sun. I laugh, but it comes out more as a scoff. He looks at me again but with a furrowed eyes. "What?" He asks me, and I look down at my feet in the water. "I don't know, I just figured you would have an answer." I reply.

He was silent, yet I could feel his stare burning into my skin. That also could've been the sun.

"What do you want me to call us?" He asks me. I look up from the water and gaze at the pink colors in the sky. He's still looking at me, waiting for an answer. "I don't know," I reply. His lack of emotion is quite scary sometimes. I don't know what he's feeling, but at the same time, I do.

"You see?" He asked me.

He turned and gazed at the sun for a second before turning to me again. "It's not just my choice, Alice." He says. I look over and meet his eyes again. "You have a say in this as well," he adds. My eyes dart from his eyes to his lips, back and forth. "Whenever you're ready." He says.

When I'm ready?

We both turn and gaze at the setting sun again. A slight breeze hits the air, and the trees begin to sway over the water. I place my hand over his, and he slowly looks down at it. I interlace my fingers with his, and he looks up at me.

"I'm ready..." I say.

My heart races as he stares at me. "Then why are you so nervous?" He asks me. He can read me like no one else can. He runs his thumb over my hand, a small gesture that sends me over the moon. How can someone be so hard on the outside yet so soft on the inside? I guess it's better to tell the truth than lie to him.

"I just get that feeling when I'm around you.." I reply and turn to meet his eyes. My eyes dart from his eyes to his lips again. "And I don't know why." I add. He breathes in and looks down at my lips again. "Is it a bad thing?" He asks me.

"No," I say.

"When I first met you, I felt this way because I was scared..." I tell him, and his eyes leave mine. He looks ashamed for some reason. I squeezed his hand to reassure him, but it wasn't working.

"You know that feeling you get when you're looking forward to something, and you get so excited that you almost throw up?" I ask him.

"You want to throw up because of me?" He asks me.

"No!" I say frantically, and he chuckles. I roll my eyes at his sarcasm and look out unto the lake. "It's a good feeling, not a bad feeling." I simplify for him. He nods slowly and doesn't look away from me. "When I feel your touch..." I trail off as he runs his thumb over my hand again. "The feeling softens." I tell him as I turn to face him.