05 | Surviving For The Girl Who Had No Choice

All three of them stayed my whole shift, buried away in a back booth in the far corner. Even though I couldn't see them, I felt their eyes on me every now and then.

Candace served them, taking control of their drinks orders and giving me a knowing look when she did.

I ignored it, and most of my shift, not wanting to pay attention to the fights happening in the ring.

I served drinks, cleaned until the hours ticked down into minutes then seconds.

And when I glance up as the clock hit twelve and Candace gives me the nod to leave, I realise that the booth that was once occupied by three now sits empty.

I finish cleaning the glass I have in my hand before making my way around the bar, nodding goodbye to Candace and slipping out the door, curling my arms around me to try and keep some of my warmth in.

Shadows slip over me, a welcome and homey embrace, whispering across my skin as I walk close to the brick wall, and under glowing street lights until I reach the alley.

I turn the corner and find Killian's bike missing but my bike isn't alone.

Malac leans casually against the wall next to the machine, eyes tracking my every forward step. He watches me with a claculative eyes, the look more predator then teenage boy.

He steps forward, grabbing the helmet from the handlebars, touching the bike as if he owns it or something.

I give Malac a deadpan look, "that's my bike, isn't it?"

His lips tip up at the corners and he grins, "don't worry, she's still yours, baby girl."

"Then why are you touching it?"

"It seems Kade didn't feel like waiting for me and my dearest brother doesn't like sharing-" he gives me a secret smile as if he knows something I don't. "It seems I'm in need of a ride home and you just so happen to have a ride."

"Do I?"

He nods slowly. "yes, and you're going to offer it to me."

"And what if I don't want to?"

He chuckles then. "Oh, you do." He tilts his head, the darkness of the alley slipping over half of his face like a phantom mask.

I can't deny that I'm interested even if I know I shouldn't be, I should be backing up a step and walking away not walking towards the man that looks at me with danger in his eyes.

Yet here I am, walking towards him.

I slip the helmet from his hand when he holds it out to me, ignoring his amused eyes.

I move for the bike, throwing a leg over it before looking Malacs way.

"Are you getting on or are you just going to stand there and gape until dawn?"

"Feisty, baby girl." He throws his legs over the bike, wrapping an arm around my waist, pulling me back into his chest with a soft grunt.

I slip forward, throwing a glare over my shoulder at Malac and he pouts, "you wound me, baby girl."

"Keep your hands to yourself Malac, or you might find yourself with none."

He wiggles his brows, "They're already yours to do with as you please," he holds his hands out as if waiting for me to lock them in cuffs and drag him wherever I want.

I roll my eyes and start the bike, letting it rumble to a purr beneath me.

He wraps his arms around me, but doesn't pull me back to his chest, keeping that much needed space between us.