Skateboards and Birthdays

I haven't written that many chapters but you readers are giving me reviews like crazy. Thank you so much. I admit that this is similar to the plot of other stories right now, but I promise it will be become unique as you keep reading. Disclaimer: I own Emma and most of my plot. Some of it came from stories I've read, but the plot is mostly mine.

Emma's POV

Today is september 15th. It has been two months since I came down into the sewers with sensei and met the turtle brothers. And I love it here. We train in the morning and have fun in the afternoon. Did I mention that today is my 9th birthday? The boys had their birthday a week ago and sensei let them play all day and eat all the pizza they wanted. Sensei said we'd all be doing something extra special for my birthday and I can't wait to see what we're doing.

Sensei made my favorite breakfast today, chocolate chip pancakes! Me and the boys wolfed them down in five minutes flat. Sensei then told us we had no training and to 'amuse' ourselves for an hour or two while he did some important work or something.

"Em, wanna skateboard with us?" asked Mikey with his usual grin. I wanted to but there was a small problem with that.

"I don't know how to skateboard, Mikester," I replied. The boys got into a huddle and started whispering to each other. Come to think of it, they'd been doing that a lot lately. They finally broke the huddle and Leo came up to me.

"Want us to teach you how?" Leo asked. I grinned and nodded excitedly. The boys cheered and went to get me a helmet, some elbow & knee pads, and a skateboard.

They decided that one of them would watch because there was only four skateboards. The one who watched had to make sure I didn't fall down or hurt myself. Donnie volunteered so I used his purple skateboard and hemet.

*Timeskip*

Donnie's POV

I was running to keep up with Em, who was a natural skateboarder, while she was having the time of her life. Mikey had taught her some tricks and she was trying them all out. The one she was doing now was risky but she was determined to do it. Em was going to ride the skateboard up to the ramp and would fly off it. Leo and I didn't think she was ready but Raph and Mikey did so it was 3 to 2. The fact that Raph and Mikey agreed on something made me even more worried than I already was. Too bad I didn't listen to my instincts.

Em got ready and then started skating. She went up the ramp and her skateboard almost flew. But the one thing me and my brothers didn't count on was that Em would fly off the skateboard and land on one of the ceiling pipes.

"Sensei! Em got stuck on the ceiling pipes!" Leo yelled. Sensei appeared seemingly out of nowhere and looked at Em. What he saw was this: Em was dangling from one of the really high pipes and was gripping it for dear life.

"Emma, you must release the pipes. My sons, you must catch Emma when she does," Sensei instructed us. Me and the others went directly underneath her and held out our arms. It was only then that we noticed her eyes were tightly shut and she was crying.

"Dudette, are you scared?" asked Mikey. No, of course she's not scared considering she is DANGLING FROM A PIPE AND HAS TO JUMP DOWN! Honestly, Mikey needs to get a few brain cells. I thought as I shook my head.

"Y-yes. I d-don't really like heights. I di-din't th-think this through v-very w-well," Em stammered while still keeping her eyes shut and gripping the pipe even tighter, if that's even possible.

"My sons, it would seem Emma is too scared to jump. You must comfort her so she can get down to safety," Sensei said. I don't know why he didn't comfort her but I guess he wanted us to do it for some reason.