Chapter 22

-Kalin's POV-
Me and Myles just dropped Morgan and Noelle off at the airport and we're just sitting in the car...I'm so worried for what happened. I don't know her brother too much but I know he never a cries.
I feel like I should be with her to comfort her with whatever happened but I think she just needs family at first.
Things were just getting better than something bad has to happen...don't know how bad yet tho.
I don't feel like Morgan is gunna be the same girl when I see her again.
While we're sitting in the car I get a call from an unknown number, it's from Ryan...maybe he will tell me what's going on.
"Hey Kalin. It's Ryan, Morgan's brother. I figured I would call you after she left and tell you what's going on."
"Okay man. It sounds pretty bad."
"Dude I've never cried so much in my life. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to get it out to tell you but...our uh...uh..." He pauses and I can hear him crying.
"Bro I'm here if you need me. You don't have to tell me. I'll find out."
"No you need to know. Our uh...our mom passed away last night..."
Oh my god. Morgan is gunna lose it when she finds out.
I start to tear up. I loved that woman, the little I knew her. She was great.
"Oh my god man. What happened?"
"Man. They don't know. She passed in her sleep. Dad woke up but she never did. I'm just glad Morgan wasn't here to witness it. It was terrible."
"Me and Myles are gunna fly down tomorrow to give yalls family time to grieve together but I wanna be there for Morgan."
"Thanks man. That means a lot."
"I'll see you tomorrow."
"Alright man."
I hang up and look at Myles.

"Kalin what heck happened? Why were you crying.?"
"Morgan's mom passed away last night in her sleep."
"Oh shoot. Oh my god. We have to go. I know how close she was to her mom and how close Noelle was to her too. We need to be there for them."
"I know dude. But they need some time with their family. That's why I said we would fly down tomorrow."
"Good idea. I can't believe that happened."
"She was a great mom"
"I've heard that many times."

I can't believe this happened.

-Morgan's POV-
Me and Noelle walk up to the door and I'm just standing there not wanting to open the door but I know I have too.
"We have to go in Morgan."
"I know. Just give me a minute."
I finally open the door and the whole family turns to us teary eyed and starts crying more
"Just tell me what happened!"
One of older cousins Bentley comes over and hugs me as tight as he can.
"Last night we don't know how yet but your mom passed away in her sleep."
The world stops.
I'm not crying. I'm screaming and then the waterfalls start because they aren't just tears.
I push off Bentley and run to my room and lock the door.
I need to be alone.
I sit on my bed and look over on my wall and see a picture of me and Momma and it makes me cry more. I take it off the wall and just hold it.
I hear knocking on the door...it's Noelle. I don't even know how she reacted. I'm sure it was similar to mine just no screaming because I only heard my own screams. I probably should let her in but I just ignore her.
About 10 minutes later Ryan knocks at the door, I need my brother right now. I let him in.
We just hug for the longest time then we calm down enough to sit and talk, or try.
"I talked to Kalin. He was pretty upset about."
"Aww Kalin."
"He said he wishes he could be here for you but he said he figured you needs to be with family."
"How's daddy?"
"He's handling better than anyone. He's holding it all in. He's like you, he likes to be alone when he cries."
"There's way too many people here. That's why I ran in here."
"I know but they are hurting too and just wanna be here for us."
"I know. I don't think I can go back to the Bay."
"Morgan. That's where you're life is. Staying here isn't gunna bring Mom back. You have an amazing guy that loves you so much and would do anything for you. I know Yall are gunna grow old together. He's definitely a keeper and if you stay here he may not stay."
"I know. I did good with him. But I'm gunna stay here for a little while. When's the funeral?"
"In two days."
"Ok."

I've calmed down way more than I thought I would.
I don't think I have anymore liquids to cry out ice cried so much.

The family is about to go back home so I go out to say bye and that I'll see them soon.

What am I supposed to do without my mom. That's the only thing she didn't teach me, is how to live without her...