Chapter 7: Plans

Harry told us that Snape had probably gotten more information out of Quirrell, maybe even the Anti-Dark Force spell, so he could get to the Philosopher's Stone. But there was of course still Fluffy.
Hermione said we should go to Dumbledore. He would know what to do.
"You're kind of right," I said.
"But we've got no proof," Harry continued.
"Plus we would have to explain how we all got to know about the stone, about Flamel and about Fluffy. Maybe we could get expelled knowing all this information."
Hermione groaned.
"What?"
"I forgot we still have to go to detention, for the dragon night." She put her head in her hands.
"Right."

The next day Hermione, Harry and Neville had gotten a letter to go to the Entrance Hall at eleven o'clock. I hugged my brother, who looked really scared.
"You'll be okay," I said. "I'll be here waiting until all of you come back."
They went away, and Ron and I sat in the common room. I wanted to read my book on Apparition, but Ron asked me to play wizard's chess with me, now that Harry was gone.
"I don't really know how it works, though," I told him.
"It's not that hard, look."
He showed me quick the basic rules, and it turned out to be pretty fun.
After a while we got tired, and my head fell on my arms.

~

"Ron, Jynx! Wake up!" I heard a voice say, and I opened my eyes immediately. I lifted my head and looked up at Harry, Hermione and Neville, who were back.
"Hey," I yawned. "What took so long?"
"We were taken to the Forbidden Forest, and then we had to search for a unicorn and -"
"You went to the Forbidden Forest?!" I half-screamed in anguish. "Is that even legal? What, do they want you dead?"
"No, we're all still alive," Hermione said.
"Alright, tell us everything."

Harry started talking and walking back and forth, while I stood up and checked if Neville was alright. He was a bit frightened, but he was alright. He went to bed, because he was too tired to hear more about the cursed forest they had been too.
"So Malfoy, Fang (Hagrid's dog), and I found the dead unicorn, and then there was a hooded creature who drank the unicorn's blood. And- and there were centaurs and -"
"Can you sit down, Harry?" Ron asked. "You're making me dizzy." Harry couldn't stop moving around.
"Sorry." Harry sat down on a chair.
"Sounds like a dream I would get," I smirked.
"This is serious, Jynx!" Harry said. He went on with his story.

"A centaur named Firenze, came to get me away from the unicorn, and the hooded creature seemed to be Voldemort. He wants the Philosopher's Stone and Snape is stealing it for him." Harry was still shaking.
"Will you stop saying that name, please," Ron said, and looked scared everytime Harry spoke the name of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.
"So all we've got to do now is wait for Snape to steal the stone, then Voldemort will come back to finish me off."
"Harry, everyone knows Dumbledore is the only one You-Know-Who is scared off," Hermione said, who also still looked scared. "If you stay around Dumbledore, You-Know-Who will keep his hands off you."
In the meantime, it started to get a bit lighter, and we discovered we had been awake way to long, so we quickly went to bed.

The exams were not that hard, if you had learnt well. I had tried to learn, but I always seem to have a lack of concentration. I was constantly thinking about the stone, and Voldemort, and that we were all practically in danger if we didn't do something. After we had our last exam, I went outside with my friends, and we were glad we were finally done with learning and stressing about the exams. It was very warm outside, but that apparently didn't keep Harry from thinking about everything that has happened. And he said his scar kept hurting.

Suddenly Harry got up, and told us that we needed to see Hagrid.
"Why? What did you think of this time?" I said, trying to keep up.
"Don't you think it's odd, if Hagrid wants a dragon, and a stranger coincidentally has one? How many wizards have a dragon egg when it's against the laws?"
Hagrid asked us for a drink, and while my throat was dry from the heat and the running, we refused and asked about the stranger right away. Hagrid said that he didn't see what the stranger looked like, because he didn't take his hood off. Harry then asked what he talked about with the stranger.