Chapter 7: Neville's Stupidity

Harry came with a face full of surprise to the common room, with Neville behind him.
"Oh, Neville did you forget the password again?" I said to my brother, who was still in tears.
"I had them written down, but I lost it," he said sadly.
"Neville, you have to mean to him. I did it, and he let me in. Don't forget whose son you are."
"That works?"
"It did with me, so it will work with you. Don't use it on a regular basis, though."
"I'll try it."

Everyone had gathered around Harry, and I went to see what was going on. Harry had gotten his Firebolt back. Nice. After everyone had admired his broomstick, Ron took it upstairs. It wasn't long before he let out a terrible scream. Everyone went silent, as Ron came down, with his bedsheet in his hand.
"Look!" he yelled, holding the bedsheet nearly in Hermione's face.
"Look! Scabbers! Look!"
I got to them to see what there was to look at, and then I saw something red on the white sheet.
"Blood!" Ron yelled. "He's gone! And you know what I found on the floor?"
"N-no," Hermione said, slightly shaking.
Ron threw something on her homework. It were long, ginger coloured, cat hairs.

Ron and Hermione were furious with each other now, and Hermione was mad at Harry too, for siding with Ron. She still didn't believe her cat had actually eaten Scabbers.
Fred and George tried to cheer him up, but that didn't really work.
I tried to look at it from a different side.
"Maybe he isn't dead," I said.
"What do you mean?" Ron said angrily, and still in tears. "Are you siding with Hermione now?"
"No, no. Listen, maybe Crookshanks bit off his tail or something, and Scabbers just made a run for it to not get actually eaten."
"See Ron, there are other possibilities," Fred said.
"As you once said, it is not the end of the world," I told Ron. "We'll keep looking for him, in case we do find him, and if we don't..."
I paused.
"If we don't, we'll keep him in our memories. Don't forget he was already twelve years old, Ron. That is way old for a rat. He wouldn't have lived forever anyway."
My speech somehow seemed to have calmed Ron down, and he sat in a chair, staring at the ground, lost for words.

There was one thing that cheered Ron up, and that was Quidditch. Harry and his team had been training hard, because they had to go against Ravenclaw, who were really good. It was amazing weather, combined to what they had to play in against Hufflepuff. Cedric came to the match, too, but I could tell he still felt guilty about his last Quidditch match.
Wood and Davies shook hands, and then they all shot into the air. Harry had his Firebolt back from McGonagall, it had been inspected and no jinxes were found. He was going faster and way more smooth than any of them. The Seeker from Ravenclaw was Cho Chang, a pretty girl, who I found staring at me in jealousy whenever I was with Cedric. Like, girl, we are just friends.

Lee Jordan was doing the commentary, but he was advertising more for the Firebolt than he was actually doing commentary. Soon the Gryffindors were ahead in points, and it seemed like we were winning. When Harry and Cho were diving for the Snitch, there were three black, hooded figures in their way. I squinted my eyes and it looked like Dementors.
"Oh no," I whispered. Cedric stood up.
But Harry took his wand and casted a really powerful spell. Something silvery came out of his wand, and instead of disappearing, the Dementors fell down to the edge of the pitch. Harry rushed forward and grabbed the Snitch at once. I forgot the Dementors for a moment and cheered alongside the Gryffindors. Harry came down and was immediately crushed by his team, who were also extremely happy.

Cedric, Ron, Neville and I came down to congratulate Harry.
"Yes!" Ron kept yelling.
"Ruddy brilliant!" Hagrid said, who had also come down.
"Nice work!" I said, poking him.
Professor Lupin, who stood behind Harry, bent forward and whispered something in his ear.
"The Dementors didn't effect me at all!" Harry said happily. "I didn't feel anything!"
"It were quite strange Dementors," I said. "But you've gotta teach me that spell!"
"It weren't Dementors," Lupin said.
Harry looked very confused.
We walked with them, and saw laying on the ground, four people. Draco, Crabbe, Goyle and Marcus Flint. They were struggling to get themselves out of black robes.
I crossed my arms.
"What an act."