Chapter 44: You Did This

There we were, as it was that we did in fact seem to move forward. As we did in fact get off of the sandy beach just as it was the case. And we did in fact manage to get on the road, all at the exact same time too.
I knew that we were going to have to take her nearly a mile. As it felt like the odds were not in our favor what so ever, at that. As it was that I did in fact just seem to speak to my self quietly, at that.
"Screw you Christian... I just need to think positive..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was some thing that my mother and sister always had said to me.
When it was that Christian had told me to always expect the worst. As it was that I knew that wasn't the way that I wanted to feel. As it was that I did in fact do my best to stay calm.
I did in fact feel like it was still quite a bit hard to carry her. And to be able to run at the exact same time too. As it was that I did in fact hear Jordan go and speak, at that.
"Come on Ben... Focus..." He did in fact just seem to say to me, all at the exact same time as well. As it was that he did in fact just seem to look right at me as he had said that.
As it was that it had in fact just been the case, all at once. I then did in fact blink my eyes a few times at first. As it was that I then did in fact go and nod back to him.
Just as soon as it was that I had done as such a thing like that. I then did in fact also let out quite a heavy sigh. As it was that I spoke to my self shortly after doing as such a thing.
"I've got this... We can do this... She will live..." I did in fact just seem to tell my self, all at once. As it was that I felt like I was dying in side just as soon as it was that I had said that.
It felt like the one girl that I felt like I was really starting to like. It now felt like she was being taken away from me, at that. All because I just wanted to spend one more day with her.
As it was that it had seemed to have just been the case. That was when it was that I did in fact begin to start to hear Jordan speak. As it was that I then did in fact listen as to just what he had to say, at that.
"We are nearly half way there... Surely they have to be coming soon right? Where are the people?" He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that he had a fair point on what he had said. As I knew that we were moving fairly fast, at that. But I did in fact also know that Phillip and Sasha should have been there a while ago, at that.
As it was that it had in fact just seemed to have been the case. That was when it was that I then did in fact just seem to speak out loud. As it was that I did in fact not care of Jordan or Izzy heard what I had to say.
"This is all my fault... I just wanted to spend an extra day with the girl that I really liked... And now this has to happen because of my own greed..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that I did in fact continue to move just as I had said that. As it was that I saw Jordan once again look at me with his eyes wide. As it was that he did in fact just seem to speak to me just as it was the case.
"This isn't your fault Ben... You didn't know this was going to happen..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he did in fact seem to be serious on what he had said.
I wished that I could say that it did in fact make me feel better. But it simply was not the case what so ever. As it was that I still felt like I was the one to blame for all of this.
I continued to move either which way it was in fact the case, all at once. As it was that as I seemed to do as such a thing like that. I did in fact begin to also start to hear Izzy speak, as well.
"I wouldn't take it back if I had the chance to Ben... This last week or so has been the best week of my life..." She did in fact just seem to say. As it was that she did in fact still seem to be out of it on what she had said.
I felt like I shouldn't take what she said seriously, all at once. But it did in fact still seem to sound genuine. As it was that it did in fact seem to make my heart pump a beat faster.
Maybe that was the fact that we were moving so fast how ever. As just as it was that I had seemed to have thought on that. That was when it was that I did in fact hear a lot of loud noise from ahead of me.
"There she is! Get her on the cart now!" She needs to have the wound heated, and she needs to be made sure the infection didn't spread!" I did in fact hear the voice of Kristen seem to say, all at once.
Just as soon as it was that I had in fact just seemed to have heard her voice. I then did in fact begin to start to lift my head up. As it was that I saw nearly a dozen people coming our way, never the less.
As it was that it had seemed to have just been the case, all at once. That was when it was that my eyes did in fact seem to grow wide. As it was that I just then did in fact begin to start to hear Adrian speak, at that.
"You can put her down now Ben... We have got her from here..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too. As it was that he did in fact just seem to put the cart right in front of me, at that.
Just as it was that it had in fact seemed to have been the case. I did in fact just seem to look at the cart with my eyes wide at first. As even though he had said what to do, I still didn't seem to be all too sure.
As it was that my mind seemed to be lost in its thoughts, all at once. As it was that I did in fact begin to start to hear my friend Jordan speak. As I then did in fact begin to listen as to just what he had to say, at that.
"Ben... Come on... This needs to be done as soon as possible..." He did in fact just seem to say to me, at that. As it was that his eyes were wide just as soon as he had said that.
Just as soon as it was that he had said as to just what he had said to me. That was when it was that I did in fact just seem to blink my eyes. As I then did in fact also begin to go and nod back to my friend as well.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case, all at once. I then did in fact just seem to go and help him put her down on the cart. As it was that I then did in fact do my best to try to stay calm just as it was the case.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just seemed to have been the case. And Adrian and the others began to start to push the cart as fast as they could. I then did in fact just seem to go and speak out loud my self, at that.
"Is she going to be okay?" I did in fact just seem to say to who ever was in fact listening, all at once. As it was that it did in fact seem to not be any one at all, as far as I could tell.
As it was that it seemed like me and Jordan were the only ones here. As it was that the others did in fact seem to go and take her back. As it was that I did in fact do my best to try to keep my self as calm as I could.
Just as soon as it was that I had done as such a thing like that as well. I then did in fact begin to start to see Kristen go and stop. As it was that she then did in fact look at me as she also began to go and speak back to me as well.
"We are going to do our best to try to make sure she is... But she has lost her foot... She may never be able to walk again unless we can figure out some way to help her..." She did in fact just seem to say, at that.
Just as soon as it was that she had said as to just what she had said. That was when it was that I then did in fact just seem to dip my head low to the ground, all at once. As it was that I did in fact do my best to try to act as calm as I felt like I could do.
I felt like as long as she survived than I would be okay with that. And I could at least still live with a lot less guilt on my mind. As I then did in fact begin to once again speak back to Kristen, as the others faded off in the distance.
"She is going to live though... At least... Right?" I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I did in fact just seem to gulp just as I had said that.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case. Kristen did in fact just seem to turn her head away from me, at that. As she then did in fact begin to go and start to speak out loud, all at once, at that.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case. She then did in fact go and nod back to me. As it was that I just then did in fact begin to hear her speak to me too.
"I've seen worse that have lived through some stuff... I think she has a very good chance..." She did in fact just seem to say back to me. As it was that she did in fact have a serious look just as it was so.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case. That was when it was that I did in fact seem to wake my self up. As it was that I then did in fact do my best to try to act as calm as I felt like I could.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact been that sort of way. That was when it was that I did in fact just seem to wake my self up. As it was that I then did in fact simply begin to go and start to speak back to her.
"Well... Come on... Let's go and catch up to them..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that I knew that I had already caught my breathe, just as soon as it was the case.
Just as soon as it was that I had said as to just what I had said. I then did in fact see the both of them go and look right at me, all at once. As it was that their eyes were wide just as soon as it was in fact the case.
Just as soon as it was that it had been that sort of way. I then did in fact begin to start to hear Kristen speak as well. As I then did in fact go and listen as to just what she had to say.
"You can go with us there... But you can't be in the room when all of it goes down Ben... We can't have you in the way..." She did in fact just seem to say, all at once.
As it was that she had said as to just what she had said. She then did in fact just seem to have her eyes wide. As it was that she had a very serious look on her face as well.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact been that sort of way. I then did in fact just seem to start to go and wake my self up. As it was that I then did in fact go and speak back to her, all at once, at that.
"That's fine... I just want to be the first one there for her when she wakes up..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I did in fact do my best to try to act as calm as I felt like I could.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case. That was when it was that Kristen then did in fact go and nod back to me. As she then did in fact seem to mutter some thing out loud her self, at that.
"Understandable..." She did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that just as it was that she had said as to just what she had said. I then did in fact begin to start to see her go and move, at that.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case. I then did in fact begin to start to move even faster. As it was that I did in fact seem to start to catch up to them.
It seemed like it didn't matter all too much at all how ever. As it was that they seemed to be taking her in side of the place. As it was that I did in fact just seem to go and speak to my self, all at the exact same time too.
"Come on... Please make it Izzy..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too. As it was that a few tears did in fact drop from my eyes just as it was that I had said that.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case, all at once. That was when it was that I then did in fact just seem to hear Kristen speak. As I looked at her and realized she wasn't talking to me, at that.
"Richard... I need you to go and tell her parents about what happened..." She did in fact just seem to say to him, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I did in fact just seem to gulp just as she had said that.
I knew that they were going to be very angry with me, all at once. As it was that I did in fact feel very bad about all of it. As I knew that they were in fact going people, all at the exact same time too, at that.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case, all at once. That was when it was that I did in fact dip my head low to the ground. As it was that I did in fact hear the voice of Richard as he spoke back to her.
"On it..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too. As it was that he then did in fact begin to move just as it was the case. As it was that I did in fact continue to stare at the ground as he went past me.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case. I then did in fact feel Kristen smack her hand on my shoulders, all at once. As it was that I then did in fact begin to also start to hear her speak as well.
"Okay... Ben... You are going to have to wait in the waiting room... This might take a while... So just be patient and stay calm... We will work all of this out..." She did in fact just seem to say, all at once.
Just as soon as it was that she had said as to just what she had said. That was when it was that I did in fact do my best to try to stay calm. As it was that I then did in fact begin to simply just start to wake my self up.
Just as soon as it was in fact the case, all at the exact same time too. I then did in fact look at Kristen right in to her eyes, all of the sudden. As it was that I then did in fact also begin to go and nod right back to her.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case. I then did in fact begin to start to go and move right on ahead. And I then did in fact begin to go in to the meeting house.