15- Etched

In the cottage, I pace the room, trying to process everything. If the Melissa here is the same one I am thinking of, how did she end up here? Is she trapped? Does she feel the same way? Has she suffered? Is she a slave? How is she feeling at this very moment? Oh, how I wish I could embrace her, but I can't. I must tread carefully. I must get us out of here soon. In that case, survival is no longer an option. It is a necessity.

I was in the middle of the room when I heard a knock. I opened the door to find Xavier. He was holding a tray of food. "I thought you might be hungry."

I took the tray from him and placed it on the table. "Thank you."

He nodded and left without saying anything else. I sat down and started eating. The food was delicious. I hadn't realized how hungry I was until I started eating.

After finishing my meal, I decided to take a walk. I needed to clear my head. I walked around the palace, taking in the beautiful architecture. The palace was truly magnificent. It was a testament to the power and wealth of the vampires.

As I was walking, I saw Stefani. She was talking to what I assume are her maids. I decided to avoid her and continued walking. I ended up in the gardens. The gardens were beautiful. There were various types of flowers and plants. I sat down on a bench and enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere.

After a while, I decided to go back to my room. I needed to rest. I had a lot on my mind and I needed to sort out my thoughts.

Back in my room, I lay down on the bed. I closed my eyes and tried to relax. But my mind was racing. I couldn't stop thinking about everything that had happened. I didn't know how long I lay there, but eventually, I fell asleep. I was exhausted. I needed the rest.

When I woke up, it was already dark outside. I got up and looked out the window. The moon was shining brightly in the sky. It was a beautiful sight.

Immersed in a soothing bath, I attempt to unknot my tense muscles and clear my cluttered mind. I can't help but sigh when a knock echoes at the door. I silently hope it's not Melissa on the other side. Instead, Stefani appears, clad in a provocative sage green silk dress that leaves little to the imagination. "Leizabeth, why aren't you ready? I urged my ladies to hasten, only to find you in this state."

It's still early, and seeing her, I struggle to move past my denial. "I apologize, I'm feeling unwell."

"That's why I'm here. Also, I dislike leaving matters unresolved," she grins.

All I crave is time and space. I wait for her to confront me, but she doesn't.

"Don't say," Stefani remarks, sounding bored.

Nightfall is here, and I'm aware that the feast will soon commence. Given my current mood, I have no desire to cast a shadow over Tristan's celebration.

I step away from the door, allowing her to enter.

"Emma has her mother and sister here, and they wish to meet you. We can't deny her that, can we?"

"Why?"

"Well, you're her new friend. That's just how Emma is. She has such a beautiful heart."

"I have other matters to attend to."

She glances behind me. "What? Rest? I'm certain Aldaire requires your presence tonight."

Of course, I glance at the dress he had sent me earlier today.

"One of the best decisions of my life," I point out.

"Oh, come on. You don't need to be upset about what I did," she says, settling on the bed.