21 - what are we?

A L E X

Later that day, we all went to the infamous coffee shop. All five of us. Of course someone had to push me in a wheelchair, attracting the eyes of many on the busy streets of New York City. I wheeled myself to the counter.

"Hey, Al! How you feeling darlin'?" My boss was working my shift today. I smiled at her.

"I could be better," I chuckled, running my hand through my hair. "I'll have my regular times five."

She nodded and I went on my way to the table. We were all seated at a booth. Obviously, I stayed at the end of the table. Great. Kim and Calum sat on one side while Austin and Luke sat on the other. I smiled. What has my life come to?

"So, what's up with you two?" Luke smirked and nodded at Calum's arm around Kim.

"Uhhh, nothing, bro," he hesitantly took his arm away from her. My heart sank as I saw Kim's face drop.

"Are you sure nothing's happening?" I narrowed my eyes at Calum.

"Well, I honestly don't know what is."

"What are we?"

"I don't fucking know. You tell me."

"Last night you kissed me first! You tell me what we are!"

"I really like you. You intrigue me..."

Kim's eyes widened while the three of us had smirks on our faces. We all knew this was coming. I knew it. I fucking knew it.

"Can we leave Cally and Kimmy alone? I don't want to see them kiss," Austin pouted. Luke and I laughed. Calum and Kim's face turned a deep shade of red. 

"Let's go, buddy," Luke said. 

"C'mon, baby," the man I was slowly falling in love with had said to me. He pushed me to our table. Our table where we found out that Austin and I had the same dad. Our table with so many memories.

"Baby, huh?" I smirked and looked down at my nimble fingers. "That's new."

"What are we, Alex?" I looked up and came across lost puppy eyes. He looked so confused, it was almost too cute. I resisted the urge to lean over and kiss him. That couldn't happen anyway, thanks to my legs.

"I don't know. What do you want to be?" I hesitantly asked. My heart speeding up after each word.

"Ally, can I go with uncle Cal?" Austin pleaded. I guess he didn't want to be here. I nodded.

"I want to be with you, Al. Isn't it obvious?" Luke said right after Austin disappeared around the corner.

I mentally slapped myself. Do I say yes? Am I even capable of being in a relationship?

"Uhhh, I, uhh, yes," I immediately looked away, afraid of what he'll say. I looked back after 30 seconds, he had a huge grin going on.

"Luke?"

"Will you be my girlfriend, Alex?"