15 - it's not what you think

L U K E

Austin and Alex had the same dad? This is some freaky shit going on. I didn't know that the little innocent boy that I picked up from the park, was Alex's brother. Small world. I walked out the door of the coffee shop. Alex had just taken Austin from my arms and they had a little reunion just seconds ago. Central park was just across the coffee shop and that's where they ran to.

"Guys, wait up!" I yelled, looking for cars before crossing the road.

"Hurry, Uncle Luke!" Austin yelled back at me. I smiled. Is this what it feels like to have a little kid to look after? Of course, Austin wasn't like other kids. He wasn't as playful as the others. I say playful as in lamp breaking, food throwing, loud and crazy kids. He was mellow, like Alex.

Alex began pushing Austin on the swing. His smile was the biggest I've ever seen. I was happy for them. Just can't believe Alex's dad left her. I had yet to know about her story, but for the past few weeks, I've been acting like a complete dick.

I leaned against the poles of the swing, crossing my arms, and watched them. I couldn't help but smile when Austin fell off the swing and pretended to cry in front of Alex. She looked so cute when she was worried. Her expression soon turned into a smile as Austin laughed at her. She poked at his sides and told him to play in the sandbox. After watching him walk away, she turned to me. Her expression did not look as I planned. I guled and stood up straight, eyeing her every move as she began striding towards me.

"Lucas freaking Hemmings," she began. My eyes widened. She ran towards me and I flinched as she wrapped her arms around my waist. I peaked open with one eye.

"Thank you so much for finding my brother. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have known he even existed, let alone, a brother," she cried on my chest. I sighed in relief.

"I would hug you right now, but I-I'm sort of trapped here," I nervously chuckled. "Oh, sorry," she giggled and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. How did I ever end up meeting this beautiful human being?

I leaned against the poles again and stuffed my pockets with my hands. I looked at Austin talking to a little girl, probably his new friend. "So," I licked my lips and brought my eyes to her own. "Why don't you tell me how you and Austin are siblings?" I smiled.

She sighed and started fumbling with her fingers. "It's a long story.." she trailed off. I shrugged, "we've got a lot of time." I led her to a picnic table, making sure Austin was still in view. I sat down after she did, and intertwined my hands and leaned my elbows on the table.

"Tell me your story, Alex Wilson."