19 - note

A L E X

I woke up to a blank white wall. I looked around and saw flowers and balloons on my bedside, Luke and Austin sleeping in a chair, and a note on the table. I was also in a hospital gown, laying on a hospital bed, with tubes in me. I tried to lift my right arm to get the note, but I winced in pain. How unusual.

I grabbed the note with the left hand and opened it.

Dear Ally,

        Hey sleepy head! It's been three days since your accident and I really hope you wake up soon. I miss you! :( Doc said once you wake up, we can take you home, but you won't be able to do much because of your broken limbs. We'll be there to take care of you until you heal. Austin and I have been sitting by your side, waiting for you to wake up. I just really hope that today will be the day. We really need to catch up. So many things happened... And, I really want you to know that I love you, so much. You've got me head over heels for you, Alex WIlson. I know this is really sudden, but it's the complete truth. Think about it, please. I can't keep being the guy who always comes back for you, when you don't even want me. Tell me what you want and I'll do as you say.

Yours truly, Lucas.

I clamped the note shut in my hands and placed it back on the table. I shifted to my side so I could get a clear view of Luke and Austin. They were sleeping soundly together in each other's arms. A sudden pang of guilt and jealousy hit me. The guilt from hurting Austin three days ago and the jealousy from wanting to be in Luke's arms instead of this cold hospital bed.

I leaned back into bed and looked over my body. I had a cast on my right arm. I lifted the hospital sheets. I had a cast on my left leg, too. There was a throbbing pain on my left hip bone. I lifted my hospital gown to see stitches on my hip. I could barely move the lower half of my body. This was great.

I turned back to my two boys and looked for something to throw at them. I couldn't reach them, so might as well smack them. I picked up the pillow supporting my left leg and I hissed as my leg started to hurt. I threw the pillow with my left arm, but I missed. My left was never my strongest side. The pillow hit the wall behind him and I shut my eyes. "Shit."

I picked up the pillow that was supporting my right arm and I hissed at the pain again. Why couldn't I just scream or something? That would be less painful. I threw the pillow again and it hit Luke directly the face. It must've been a strong throw too, because he managed to fall backwards.

"Oh, shit. Luke, you okay?" I bit my lip as I waited for a reply. He groaned. I grinned sheepishly.

"Wait," he whispered. His head shot up and his eyes widened as he looked at me.

"Hi," I laughed as he struggled to get up.

"Ally!" he exclaimed, coming to hug me while leaving Austin on the ground. He was still sleeping. What a heavy sleeper, like me.

Luke hugged me tighter than expected and I whimpered as the pain in my right arm became more intense. "Sorry," he chuckled nervously. He grabbed my left hand and kissed my knuckles. "I just really missed you."

I grinned and I pulled him down to my face when he was done playing with my hand. I placed my hand on the back of his neck and looked deeply into his eyes. He placed his hand onto of mine and a small smile played on his lips. "Hi, Ally," he giggled and leaned his forehead against mine.

"Ugh, stop being so cute," I whined playfully and closed my eyes with a smile on my face. I inhaled his scent and I was in complete bliss, despite the pain I was feeling.

"So," I started. "I read your note," I grinned widely. Luke's eyes widened and he pulled away from me. I pouted. "Come back, Lukey," I laughed.

"You read the note? I-I'm sorry. You weren't supposed to see that. It was for my journal and I didn't bring it today, so I deci-"

I cut him off by grabbing his neck again, and this time, placing his lips on mine. The kiss was perfect. He seemed to relax and we both smiled into the kiss. Our lips moved in sync and I wanted more, but I pulled away. I leaned my forehead against his again, and he placed a kiss on my nose. His hand was also gripping the back of my neck with his eyes closed.

"I'm willing to give you a chance, Luke," I whispered. His eyes shot open and he searched mine to see if I was telling the truth.

"Really?" he said breathlessly. I nodded and giggled.

He grabbed my face and kissed me all over my face, then placed a wet, sloppy kiss on my lips.

"Yuck," I grimaced playfully as I wiped my lips.

"Oh, shut up, you love it," he laughed.

"I do," I mumbled against his lips. He smiled.

He pulled away when Austin pulled on Luke's shirt. He had the biggest smile on my face, as well as I did.

"Ally, you're back!" Austin said happily. He started reaching out towards me and I happily took him in my arms. He wrapped his arms around my neck and nuzzled his face. I hugged him the best I could with my left arm and smiled.

"I missed you, too, Aussie," I chuckled.

"Let's go home now!" Austin exclaimed while looking back and forth between Luke and I with a smile on his face. "Oh, and I saw you kiss my sister, yuck," he poked out his tongue at Luke. I laughed while Luke's eyes widened. He chuckled nervously and looked at me helplessly.

"Well, why don't you and Uncle Luke get the doctor so he can check if I'm ready to head home now?" I smiled. I wanted to go home and lay in my own bed more than anything at the moment.

"Okay! Let's go uncle Luke," he giggled while Luke picked him up and placed him on his shoulders.

"We'll be back," Luke said and bent down to give me a peck on the lips before exiting the room.

Despite the pain I was feeling in my body, I couldn't wait to head home and know that Luke and Austin would be there to take care of me.

-----

so.. that happened.

xx