12 - break

A L E X

I blew my nose into another tissue from the last tissue box. Yesterday, Travis broke up with me because he thought I was cheating on him. I probably deserve it though, I kissed Luke. I have no idea why. I had no idea what came over me at the time, but now I regret it.

My hand reached for another tissue as the tears kept flowing. I was watching this sappy romance movie, while eating some mint chocolate chip ice cream to try and numb away my aching heart. This was my first ever break up and I tried to follow the steps in a magazine to cure heart break. It wasn't really helping though, I still feel like shit. Maybe because it's still a day after the break up.

"You don't deserve him!" I yelled at the screen. I threw the tissue box at the wall and threw my head in my hands. "Make this pain go away," I whispered while clutching my shirt. I groaned when the doorbell rang. A familiar voice called my name through the door. I gasped and ran to the door to look through the peephole. Travis!

"Hey, Travis," I smiled at him.

"Hey, can I come in?" he asked. My smile grew wider when I saw my favorite flowers, a bouquet of daisies, in his hard. "Of course," I said, opening the door further to let him in. He walked in, but went straight past me. I furrowed my eyebrows. I followed him as he walked into my room. I stood by the door and watched him maneuver around my bed. He bent down and picked up my favorite shirt of his.

"Forgot this," he said smiling, beginning to walk through the door. I glared at him, and I couldn't help but ask. "Who's the flowers for?" I questioned, eyeing the flowers. Were they for me? Were they a gift asking for my forgiveness?

"Oh, my girlfriend," he smirked. "You weren't the only one whose been cheating." My heart instantly dropped. My sadness immediately turned into anger. I was done being the one who was always sad.

"What the fuck, Travis! How long has this been happening?" I yelled. I couldn't believe him. "A day after I arrvied in Europe," he replied nonchalantly. My head was spinning and it didn't stop. He walked past me to the front door, bumping my shoulder in the process. I grabbed the vase on my nightstand and went after him.

"Oh, and by the way, she's better in bed than you ever were," he smirked. I threw the vase, but he closed the door before it could hit him. I yanked the door open. I screamed when I saw that his new girlfriend was waiting in his car right outside my house, laughing.

"What a little baby," she laughed. I had enough. I ran to her side of the car. She was staring at me with wide eyes and I slapped her across her face. She cried out in pain as she held onto her cheek. "You fucking bitch!" She yelled.

"Alex! What the fuck is wrong with you?" Travis yelled while I was walking back to my house, trying helping his poor little girlfriend. I turned to them and flipped them off. Travis' girlfriend gasped. I held my middle finger up as I walked backwards to my door. I stopped right in front of it and called Travis. "Have fun with your new little toy, asshole," I yelled and closed the door behind me.

I sighed as I heard the car drive away. I walked to the kitchen counter, avoiding the glass pieces from the vase, and grabbed my keys and my wallet. "Time to buy a shit load of tissue boxes," I whispered as tears filled my eyes once again.