11 - carry me

L U K E

She has a boyfriend. Alex, the girl I couldn't stop thinking about for about two weeks, has a boyfriend. I still couldn't believe I hadn't seen it coming. Of course she had a boyfriend, Luke, she's beautiful, have you seen her?

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I've been doing that for the past two weeks now, and honestly, I'm getting tired of it. I was never this depressed in my life. Why was I getting depressed over a girl? Well, because you like her and she doesn't like you. Get your head in the game, Luke.

I kept walking furthur down the busy sidewalks of New York, dodging a few people, trying to search for the nearest coffee shop on my phone. Problem was, I didn't have the best service so I couldn't google anything. Great. I sighed yet again. I watched people hurrying in front of me, trying to get home since it was 2:30 in the morning. Something caught my eye across the street, which was Central Park. A little boy. He looked scared and lonely. He probably lost his parents. I had no idea what he was doing here at this time of day, but I was going to help him. I stood straight, and began walking across the street to the helpless little boy.

I silently approached him and crouched down to his level, and tapped his shoulder. I must say, he did look a little frighten because of a stranger being really close to him.

"Hey bud, are you here alone?" I asked softly, looking into his beautiful hazel eyes. They looked sort of like Alex's. I could hear my heart break.

"N-no, where's my daddy?" The little boy whispered, his eyes slowly filling with tears. My heart ached again. Who the hell leaves their kid in Central Park at 2 in the morning?

"I, honestly, I don't know, kid. Why don't we go find him, yeah?" I suggested with a soft smile. He nodded and wiped his tears away. I began walking, but stopped when I felt something tug on my hand. I looked down.

"Can you c-carry me? My name is Austin," he said. He was pretty smart for this age, but I wasn't going to carry him. I actually didn't like kids, I don't even know why I'm helping him in the first place.

"Uhm, I don't do carrying. Sorry, kid," I declined, shaking my head. My chest was suddenly hit with a pang of guilt when he started whimpering and droplets of tears fell down his face.

"Okay, okay. I'll carry you, just stop crying," I pleaded. He stopped crying immeadiately and he smiled. I rolled my eyes, but he looked pretty adorable, actually. I picked him up and he wrapped his arms around my neck and snuggled his head into my chest. I smiled, I guess he really needed a hug.

"My daddy's name is Marcus," he mumbled against my chest. I took that piece of information and gave it some use. I walked through the park shouting his name for about 2 hours. I sighed after my voice went hoarse. Austin was already fast asleep and with every step I took, he seemed to get heavier and heavier by the second. I sat on the bench and placed him beside me with his head on my lap and his legs stretched out along the seat. I took a good look at him. He kind of did remind me of Alex. His innocence and the way he talked softly to me.

It was almost 5 A.M. and we still hadn't found his dad. I wanted to go home, but I couldn't leave him here. Guess I have to bring him back home with me. I sighed and carried him in my arms. The boys would probably question me like there was no tomorrow, but at least I was doing a good thing. What was I getting myself into?

-----

V IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE IF YOU DID NOT UNDERSTAND THE UPDATE

so if you guys don't remember, alex's dad's name is marcus

austin and alex both have the same eye color

YOU FIGURE OUT THE REST LOL WINK WINK