10 - boyfriend

L U K E

My knuckles hovered over her door. I wasn't ready for this, but at the same time, I wanted to barge in and give her the biggest hug because honestly, I've been a wreck this past week. I gulped and braced myself for what was about to happen. This could go two ways; the messed up way or the way I want it to go.

My fingers gave a rather hard knock on her beautifully made door. This was the only part of the house that I thought looked amazing. The outside of the house looks better than the inside, in my opinion.

"Coming!" I heard Alex say on the other side of the door. My breath hitched and I felt a drop of sweat roll down the side of my head. Get your shit together, Luke.

Alex opened the door with the biggest smile on her face, that was, until she saw me.

"Uhm, hey. What are you doing here?" She questioned, with a confused expression.

"I-I was just going to ask you if you wanted to go get some lunch together and maybe we could talk about what happened a week ago," I stuttured. Man, was I nervous. I think I kind of spit on her too, because she wiped her face after that horrible sentence rolled out of my mouth. My knees almost buckled when a man came by her side. He rested his arm around her waist and looked up at me.

"Baby, who's this?" The scary looking man asked Alex while glaring at me. What scared me the most was that Alex wrapped her arms around his torso too. I gulped.

"No one. I don't even know who he is," she deadpanned, already starting to close to the door on my face.

"Wait, Alex, don't do this! What happened last week, I didn't mean to leave you hanging like that! I lo-" Alex shut the door on my face. I bit my lip and ran my fingers furiously through my hair. Great job, Luke. I can't believe you said that in front of her boyfriend. Boyfriend. That should be me.

A L E X

After I closed the door, I sighed. Travis' arms were no longer around me. I turned and saw him gathering his things. I ran up to him. "Travis? Where are you going?" I asked, holding his arm, preventing him from collecting anything else.

"Who was that?" He snapped while throwing the things in his hands, to the floor. I flinched jumped away from him. He was never this violent around me.

"N-no one, sweetie. I swear, he's just a friend," I said softly. It was stupid of me to forget that I had a boyfriend who was in Europe while Luke was over.

"I heard everything he said, Alex. What did you two do a week ago?" He say through his teeth. I gulped. I couldn't tell him that Luke almost kissed me. I loved Travis, more than my own life, and I know he loves me too.

"I was just helping him with his wound because he tripped while he came over," I wasn't lying, but I wasn't telling the entire truth either.

"Then tell me why he was about to say he loves you!" Travis yelled.