Tempers & Side Conversations

I watched Mili precisely as soon as the blonde girl stopped in front of her.

And it wasn't hard to miss the subtle recognition that crossed my girlfriend's features.

Mili nodded a few times, clearly listening to whatever Lana was saying—whose face I couldn't quite see.

All I could see was the back of her blonde hair which was pulled back into a thick long braid.

Even still, I knew Lana was probably overjoyed to even speak one word to my girlfriend.

I drew in a deep breath as soon as a small smile grew on my girlfriend's lips—and it was enough to subtly flash her grill.

Which meant she was smiling too much if you ask me.

Just as I began contemplating walking over to them, Mili's dark eyes glanced over to our table, right as Lana turned around.

I turned my head back to Mya and Ryder who were now talking about the cocktail menu and what they wanted to try.

Meanwhile, I could only anticipate when Lana and Mili would inevitably make it to our table.

"Luckily, I already grabbed a flute for you," I could hear Lana's annoying soft voice.

I'm now regretting not leaving when I had the chance.

"Thanks... you know if my girlfriend's somewhere, I'm there too," I heard Mili say, easily cooling some of my wound-up nerves.

I looked over when Mili suddenly pulled the seat out beside me to sit down, and even if she looked better closer up and her sweet cologne managed to send me into a frenzy—I still couldn't help but feel irritated with her currently.

"Hey M," Mya greeted as Ryder reached over the table to give Mili a quick dap up followed by a brief hey.

Meanwhile, I'm still wondering why my girlfriend had even smiled during her conversation with the blonde

I don't care if Lana threw a bag of a million dollars at her—she still better not smile at her

"I'll be back to get your orders when you're ready," Lana said to us all—even if her blue eyes were subtly glancing over to my girlfriend.

Maybe today is the day that I really throw hands.

It's been a good fight so far with keeping my composure, but I don't know if I'm going to make it through this one.

Mili draped her arm over my shoulders, "I missed you," she said, gently pressing a kiss to the side of my neck that she leaned into, "Mm you smell good," she murmured.

And as she pulled away, I couldn't miss the way her dark eyes trailed my appearance.

"You look good too," she added as she suddenly met my eyes.

Meanwhile, I could only look completely unamused as I brought my mimosa glass to my lips.

"You knew the waitress?" I subtly questioned, lowering my tone so we could have our own private conversation while Mya and Ryder continued to choose between drinks.

Mili briefly looked between my eyes, "Yeah," she said, suddenly reaching out to grab her prepared mimosa.

I hummed, "Where do you know her from?" I purposefully asked her.

Mili briefly swallowed the sip she had just taken, allowing her dark stare to drift over to the ice bucket that held the bottle of champagne and orange juice, "She's... an old acquaintance," she hesitantly explained as she grabbed the bottle of champagne, obviously ignoring my burning stare, "Do you think these need a little more champagne?" she questioned.