~ Chapter 26 ~ The Return

~ Amanda's POV ~

Next morning, I woke up and saw a text from Dani.

Want to go get lunch today?

I would love too. Can't wait to see you.

Sounds great I'll pick you up at 12.

I looked at the time and saw it was 10:30.I get out of bed then go start getting ready. Opening my dressers, I grab out a red tank top with a white lace skull on it and a pair of black ripped skinny jeans. After changing, I go by my shoe closet and grabbed a pair of black high top old skool vans. When I looked into my mirror, I saw that the top of my hair was a mess and would take way too long to comb it, so I just grabbed a plain black beanie and put that on. All good to go. I grabbed my phone off the charger and walked downstairs. It was only 11:15 , so I had some time.

When I got downstairs, I walked into the kitchen and saw Niall in there. Why does that surprise me? We made eye contact, but then he looked back into the fridge, probably looking for something for breakfast. I grabbed an apple off the counter and went to walk out of the kitchen, but I was stopped by a voice. More specifically, Niall's voice.

"What's going on Amanda?" He asked. I turned around and stared at him.

"What do you mean?" I replied trying to act oblivious, but I knew exactly what he meant.

"What happened to you? What happened to us? The night of our celebration dinner, you were perfectly fine, but the next day, you changed completely. Was it the Liam thing? Did I do something? Because if so, we can talk about what happened and fixed it."

"It wasn't Liam or you. Why do people think I did this all because of Liam? I did it because I needed a change and guess what Niall, people change all the time so I don't see what the big deal is." Most of what I said was true. The false part was, I did partly do it because of everything with Liam, but he doesn't need to know that.

"Everyone is worrying about you Amanda." Niall said with his voice cracking a little.

"Didn't seem like they were worrying the other night when they were all celebrating that I was back."

"After you ran off to your room, everyone was worried. We didn't know what was going on. What did happen?" Should I tell him?

"I needed to make a phone call alright."

"To you?" Now he was getting me annoyed.

"Does it matter to you?"

"Yes, because I'm trying to look out for you!" Now is when the raising of voices started.

"Why do you care so much?"

"Because I love you!" Both of us stopped where we were when he said that.

"You love me?" I asked whispering.

"Ever since you first moved in with us. When I started seeing you everyday, I realized that I love you. When we kissed I realized how much more I loved you. And when you ran away, I realized that I could never stop loving you. Please why can't we just go back to how it was before?" I have to tell him the truth.

"Niall lo-."

"Amanda, I don't want to hear excuses, please just tell me if we can go back to normal."

"We can, but I need your help with something."

I proceeded to tell him the plan that Liam and I made about Ross. Niall agreed to help, but just as I was about to tell him that we have to pretend like we hate each other in case Ross sees or hears, I heard a car horn beep outside. I looked at the time on the wall clock and saw it was 12:05.

"I'll be back later. I have to go."

Without letting him give a reply, I ran out the door and saw Danielle waiting in her car. I got in on the passenger side, and without saying anything, we just wrapped each other in a tight hug. On the way to the cafe we were talking, singing, dancing, and laughing. The whole time at lunch, we caught up on everything. Since I pretty much told her about everything that happened with me, she started talking about what's going on with her.

"How's Liam?" She suddenly asked.

"If you say being a mess is alright, then he's alright. Since I came home though, Liam has been getting better though. You know what I think would help get him to be himself again."

"What?"

"You. I think that you need to come back into his life. When you left that's when everything fully went downhill. He's lost without you, we all are." We both started to tear up.

"Amanda, I don't think that I should."

"And why not?"

"Because I have a boyfriend."

Really short chapter and I'm sorry about that. Updating wasn't at the top of my priorities this week.
Word count: 868
Please remember to:
Vote
Comment
Share
And
Follow

Love you guys 😘 ~ Ry 😜