Chapter 19

Sarah's POV
I turned around to see that Paul left the apartment.
I wiped away the fresh tears that attempted to cover my face. I felt my throat become really hot and achy.
Why did I say that? I thought to myself.
It was true.
He didn't tell me about the opportunity he got, and it's such a big deal I'm going to move to Atlanta, but no problem he is moving to California.
I sighed and looked at the videotapes on the ground. One was labeled "1993 Fishing Trip."
I placed it in the VCR, and pressed play.
"Hello!" Said Paul into the camera.
"We are at Nero Pond in Macon Georgia." He said with a country accent. "And we are about to go fishing." He said while getting in front of the camera.
He was tanned and he was wearing cargo shorts and a fishing vest with no shirt underneath.
He looked very handsome.
"This is Sarah." He said putting the camera on me.
"Hi." I waved into the camera slickly with my hands behind my back.
I giggled softly, I knew what I was about to do.
Paul placed the camera back on the tripod, and got his fishing rod. When he turned back around I sprayed him with water from my water gun.
I laughed triumphantly, and started running away.
"You're not gonna get away with this." He laughed. He started chasing me and pick me up, hauling me over his chest.
"NO DON'T." I screamed laughing.
But he threw me into the pond.
it went on like that for the whole tape until the end.
"Sarah." He said.
"What?" I asked.
"You're my best friend." he said while getting a worm out of the can and proceeded to chase me with it.

I stopped the tape, and placed it neatly into my box of videos.
He cared for me- at most loved me.
I should've never said what I said. I didn't mean it. I said to myself.
I sighed and continue to pack the rest of my stuff.
* * *
I glanced down at my watch, the taxi was suppose to be here ten minutes ago.
It's been a whole week since I last spoken to Paul.
He haven't tried to call neither have I.
But I had to get rid of these negative feelings, I was about to embark on a great journey.
The taxi pulled up, and I jumped in.
My stuff was already sent to my condominium, that I'm going to rent out while in Atlanta.
This is going to be amazing. I said to myself as we drove. I am going to make it amazing.