A Mended Prophecy, A Broken Heart

"Kyojuro-san?" You looked at him, curiosity all over your face.

"Yes, young Furukawa?"

"I was wondering, have you heard about Solar breathing before?"

"Hm... No! Why do you ask?" Rengoku looked at you, you were a bit disappointed.

"It's just, I've had a few dreams about it. And if it has anything to do with my past or future, I really wanted to know more about it."

"I see..." He hummed in acknowledgement.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't be of help, but if I see anything that relates to Solar breathing, I'll tell you!" He smiled brightly, making you chuckle.

"Thank you, Kyojuro-san." You smiled back at him.

The 'You' POV:

You crouched down, finding a lotus flower for you to wish on. There it was, one particular one that was in a darker shade of purple than the rest, it stood out perfectly, and it reminded you of your mentor.

You waited for it to get closer, then carefully scooping it up from the water, holding it close to your chest. You closed your eyes, and took a deep breath.

"Please... Stay safe, don't stray away from the rest anymore..." You muttered, before opening your eyes again, gently placing it back onto the water surface.

You looked around, finding another one with golden petals, which looked like Mk. You took it up, small water droplets dripping from your hands as you slowly took it out, hold it dearly before closing your eyes, wishing again.

"I... Wish you have a peaceful life after death..." You whispered, before putting it back onto the water.

You did the same thing for a few times, for your parents, your mother, and your grandmother.

You let out a sigh of relief, finally, you could rest, and live the rest of your days hunting down demons without a care of dying.

You hummed a song again, reminding you of your grandmother. Then, the golden sparks emitted from the forest, floating in front of you, before turning into your grandmother, shifting back into her younger self, and gently landed on the ground.

"Hi! Remember me, Y/n?" She smiled at you, closing her eyes, before opening it again.

"Grandma?..." You asked her. Making her nod.

"You do not know this, but I too was once a Demon Slayer, a Hashira to be precise."

"But... How?... Unless..." Your eyes widened, realising.

"Yes, and I told Wu Kong to tease him to do it." She snickered.

"But let's keep this a secret between the two of us, okay?"

"So you met him before... Why did you tell Wu Kong to tease him? Was it so I could meet him?..."

"Sometimes, things are better to be unknown. It lets curiosity to go beyond." She hummed.

"That doesn't matter for now. What you need to focus on is to master your Solar Breathing, and you creating your own Breathing style without knowing what Total Concentration Breathing is." She put her hand out.

"Hold it, I promise you can learn what you need."

You took a step forward, slowly holding her hand in yours. Feeling a sudden rush of adrenaline for a few seconds, making you blink your eyes, when you fully opened it, she was gone.