Chapter 17- Flashback

A. N. Just to know what happened with the baby and the mysterious boyfriend. /Tom Bachick/

Jennifer's POV

"Stay the night here?" he says we are curled up on the sofa.

I love him, not like I used to love Harry but Tom helped me when I was in need.

I know him for over a year but we ain't that serious, we don't live together but I'm hoping soon we will.

He loves my little girl Liv like his own daughter and that makes me extremely happy. He helps me with her and takes care of her when I'm busy with work.

"I can't. I promised Leah to cook dinner because she's busy with the new series she's shooting" I say as I sit properly on the couch.
"Fine then. I will call out Liv" he sighs and get up.

He heads up to the back patio where are his house keeper and my baby.

She is almost two years old and always needs someone to be around her. Tom's house keeper is doing this when we're here.

"Bye baby girl" he says as he kisses her cheek and let's me hold her.

"Bye Tom" she says sweetly and waves her tiny arm.

"Bye baby" I say and kiss his soft lips. He does the same and we walk out of his mansion. Damn he is rich.

But I'm not about the money, I'm about him and how he makes me and my daughter happy.

"Hey baby, what's the plan for tomorrow?" he asks me before I get in the car.

"I don't know yet. We can hang out if you're not busy" I say as I buckle down Liv in her car seat.

"Sure. Auqapark in Santa Monica?" he winks. He knows that I wanna go there.

"you know me" I giggle and get in the car.

Jennifer's POV

We got home and put Liv in her crib for her nap. I go in the kitchen and begin to cook.

Leah is a great friend and a roommate. We share the the bills and the chores.

She grew to be my best friend.

As I take the chicken out of the oven I hear the door unlocks. It's Leah.

"Hey girl" I say as I go to hug her.
"Hi. What's for dinner?" she says as she sniffs the air. Yeah it smells good.

"Chicken. Come on, let's eat"

We sit down and eat our dinner. "How's work?" I ask her.

"good but tiring. We got the new script and I have to learn it by tomorrow night" she says.

"This will pay you off soon" I say.

"How is Tom?"

"Good. Tomorrow we're going to Santa Monica. Wanna join us?"

"I'd love to but you know, I have script to learn"

Jennifer's POV

In the morning Leah leaves for her jog and I'm left alone to eat my breakfast and get read for Santa Monica.

After thirty minutes Tom comes with his audi. He gets out and opens the back door for Liv.

"Wait, I need to get the seat from my car" I say and let him hold her as I run and grab the children seat from my car.

After hour and a half we arrive at the auqapark in Santa Monica. We rent our sunbathe beds and set up.

We spend the whole day here, Liv enjoys is really bad. She loves water and her floating toys.

"Let's get going now, it's getting late" I tell Tom who is playing with Liv.

"Is it time?"

"We don't have time limit but it's getting late, by the time we're home it will be dark. I have to bathe her and put her to sleep" I say.

"Okay boss" he smiles and helps me with the towels and other stuffs.

"Head or Tail?" Tom asks me as we are on the parking lot, walking towards his car.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Do you wanna drive back home?"

"Mmm-" Do I?

"Head-yes, Tail- no."

"Okay" I say. He gets a coin and throws it in the air. He hold its back and places it on his palm.

"Head" he grins.

"Okay, give me the keys" I say as he does what he is told.

On our way back home Liv is really energetic and sings all the way.

She is so cute and we enjoy it. We look like a happy family. Finally I am happy.

Tom teases her by holding or tickling her feet and knees against her will. That makes her giggle so do we.

I turn back to look at her adorable face while she is giggling.

"Jennifer! The road!" I hear Tom shouts.

I turn my gaze back at the road and I see a TIR right before me. I try to avoid it but the last thing I see are the lights coming to me.

Jennifer's POV

I wake up in a white room. I inspect it and I realize it's a hospital room. Why am I here?

"Jen? You're awake. Finally!" I hear Leah.

I turn to the side and see her sitting on the bedside chair.

"My head hurts" I whine.

"I'll call the doctor" she says and stands up to leave the room.

"Why am I here? Where is Liv? Tom? Why are you alone?"

"Jen, there's something you need to know but first I gotta call the doctor"

"Okay" I say and wait for her patiently.

5 minutes later she returns with the doctor he does his work and tells something to Leah. Then gives me some pills and leaves.

"Leah, tell me about Liv and Tom." I beg her.

She sits on the bed with me and holds my hand. Okay, I get scared.

"They are gone" she whispers.

"What? You're kidding me. It ain't funny Leah"

"Jen, I am not. On your way back home from Santa Monica you had an accident"

I can't help but start crying.

"I don't remember" I say.

"I know baby, it's from the hit."

She hugs me and rubs my back.

"Lee? I killed them" I sob.

"What? No. You did not."

"But I was driving the car"

"It's alright. It's not your fault. Now rest Jenny"