Makoto x Reader

"(Name)-Chan! Come on we have to go to practice!" I'm coming Yoko..." You sighed and followed behind your best friend, who was way to excited for joint practice. "Why are you so excited anyways. Were just swimming like always!" "I know, I know, but all those hot guys without shirts, and their toned muscles, and AHHH!!! How are you not more excited (Name)!?" You laughed at your friends eagerness and went into the changing room. Quickly you undressed and put on your team issued suit in (Fav Color), grabbing a matching pair of goggles and letting them dangle around your neck. You yawned and stretched pulling your (Hair Color) hair into a ponytail. "Yoko are you ready yet?" "NO! Give me a couple minutes I need to make sure I look good..." You rolled your eyes and nudged your friend with your elbow. "I'm gonna go on ahead then, I need to stretch." "Okie Dokie Artichokie." You smiled and walked out of the dressing room as your friend glossed her lips.

The girls swim team was small and had just formed, due to the sudden spike of interest in the sport. The captain Akane was a small girl with strawberry hair and large golden eyes. She swam free style. Then there was Yoko, she had deep purple hair, and lighter eyes to match. She swam the breast stroke. There was also Chou, she was tall, basketball team tall, she had wavy white hair and heterochromia eyes, one brown and one green. She swam the butterfly. And last there you, (Name). (Hair Color) hair, and shining (Eye Color) eyes. You swam the back stroke. The four of you made up the female team. You were all extremely dedicated and faster then anyone would think upon seeing you for the first time. Your team would alternate days with the male team. That was all the teams could do to make sure everyone got time to practice.

You stood outside in the warm spring air and started stretching your arms. You took a deep breath smelling the chlorine, and very soft scent of cherry blossoms. "Mako-Chan, Rei-Chan were gonna be late!" "Slow down Nagisa-Kun!" "Nnaaggiissaa!" You turned around to look at the three males running towards the gate of the pool, and stopped your stretching. When they saw you they slowed their running pace. The blond's face light up and he ran to you. "You must be (Name)-Chan! Hey, Hey, I heard you swim the backstroke just like Mako-Chan!" The blond was bouncing up and down happily around you. "Where is everyone else (Last Name)-Senpai?" The navy blue hair boy asked. "They're still changing. They should be out soon. But, how do you guys know my name?" "When Mako-Chan made plans with Akane-Senpai , she told him all of your teams names and what you look like!" "Oh..." You sighed and crossed your arms. "She didn't tell us anything about you guys." "I'm Nagisa Hazuki!" The blond chimed in. "I'm Rei Ryugazaki." He pushed his glasses up on his nose, and the olive brown haired male that was quiet till now added, "I'm Makoto Tachibana, it's nice to meet you (Last Name)-Chan." He smiled at you, and ushered the two younger boys to the changing room.

You smiled and rolled your eyes at the boys and went to dive into the pool. Before you could snap the goggles onto your face you noticed another boy in the pool, as well as the sound of a door opening. Despite all of that you dove in and did a practice lap before working on your back stroke. "(Name)!! Slow down! Geez..." You stopped swimming and looked at Yoko. "Yes?" She leaned in close. "They're all so hot, a little crazy but still hot." giggling you pulled your goggles off and looked around at everyone swimming. "They all look so happy we should have joint practice more often." You smiled and put your goggles back on. "Now start swimming instead of checking the guys out!" "Ehh!! (Name)-Chan, don't say it so loud!"

Months had passed. Joint practice became a regular activity for our two teams and now we all had tournaments. Unfortunately, Chou hurt her left shoulder while she was fighting with one of her brothers, so we couldn't enter any relay's. Akane, and I placed first in our races, Yoko got third. She pouted about it for hours. Akane and Yoko went home early. Apparently Yoko got a date and Akane never had any interest to stay after her matches. I stood at the entrance to the auditorium, and waved bye to my captain and best friend.

I walked back to the pool, there was an intermission in the matches at the moment so a few people were practicing. My gaze fell on a swimmer doing the back stroke. The male was moving gracefully, yet roughly, through the water. It was kinda amazing to watch. The male hit the side of the pool and stood up. "I blinked a couple times trying to process the face in front of me. "M-Makoto?" "(Name)? What are you doing here? I thought your match was over." "It is over but I always stay to watch the other matches." "Really, you seem like you would go home after you swam..." Makoto rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, and avoided looking into my eyes. You laughed softly at the male you had grown rather fond of. "H-hey, umm, (Name)... Do you think you could watch my match... I mean you don't have to! But, if you want. His face was a light pink, and he kept looking up at you and back down at the water. "I'd love to." You smiled down at the boy and his face lite up. He seemed a little more determined then usual as well. A whistle blew and Makoto pulled himself out of the water. "My match is starting soon, bye (Name)-Chan." You waved to the boy and walked to the stands. As you were navigating the people, you hear your name in the crowd and turned to look for the voice. It was none other then the hyperactive blond, Nagisa. You smiled and waved, weaving through the people, you went to stand with him, Rei, and Haru.

The race started and Nagisa as well as you were cheering as loud as you could. Makoto was neck-in-neck with another swimmer, and when they hit the turn, the other swimmer got ahead. You groaned out of frustration for Makoto and got back to cheering. "GO MAKOTO!!!" "YOU CAN DO IT MAKO-CHAN!!!" The olive haired boy picked up his pace. The race was so close. Your heart was pounding and you weren't even the one racing. You crossed your fingers and closed your eyes. When you slowly started to open them back up after only a couple seconds, Nagisa grabbed hold of you and started jumping up and down. "He did it (Name)-Chan, he did it!" You smiled and bounced with the boy. Your excitement was overflowing. "Come on (Name)-Chan!" The blond grabbed your hand and ran out of the stands with Haru, and Rei close behind. "(Name)-Senpai, Nagisa-Kun, please slow down!" You all ran into the clearing, and tackled an un-expecting Makoto. "Makoto, good job" "Mako-Chan!" "N-Nagisa-Kun, don't cry he won." You smiled at all the boys, and looked up at Makoto. "You did it Makoto!" "Y-yea I guess I did (Name)-Chan." "Congratulations, Makoto-Senpai." "Thanks Rei."

The five of you stood in the train talking about your races and the end meet. Nagisa and Rei had gotten second place, Makoto and Haru got first. In their relay they got second. The first stop came and Nagisa and Rei got off. It got much quieter after they left, but it was nice to be calm for a couple minutes. You were exhausted, so you sat down in front of Haru and Makoto. "Ahh, Haru. I have to get off at a different stop today. My mom asked me to pick up some things." "Haru nodded and continued to look out the window. His stop was next. When the doors opened, he stepped out and waved bye.

The train was getting more and more empty. Two more stops passed before I got off. Makoto claiming that this was the stop for the grocery store he needed, got of with me. I didn't mind the company. It made the streets feel less scary. "Umm, (Name)?" Makoto stopped, and you turned to face him. "Yes?" "About today..." His face was turning more and more red. "While I was racing, I started to fall behind, and I didn't think I was going to catch up. Then I thought of you and I knew I had to win cause you were watching." His face was now bright red and yours matched. "(Name)... I think I like you..." "R-really..." "Y-yea, I understand if you don't though!" "N-no, I like you too Makoto. I'm just surpri-" Your words were cut off when he pulled you into a tight hug. You smiled into his chest and hugged him back. "Thank you (Name)" You giggled and pulled away. "You don't have to thank me, I'm just glad I could be there with you. All of you." You reached down and grabbed his hand and squeezed gently. "Didn't you have groceries to buy." "Ahaha, I did, but I want to walk you home first." "Aww, what a gentleman!" you laughed and skipped forward a few steps and turned to face him. "Hey Makoto?" "Y-yes?" "I Love You~" His face once again turned to a crimson red and you laughed walking back to him and taking his hand. "I Love You too (Name)."