i'm sorry

They get to the Subspace Highway and go to a hospital.

Wallace is hooked up to what seems like a million wires and a breathing device.

"Is he going to be okay?"

"We don't know that yet."

The line on the monitor remains flat. Scott cries seeing Wallace is 100% surely dead.

"Unfortunately, we have to disband him from the wires if he isn't alive, hon."

Scott nods.

As they are disbanding the breathing device..

gasp
"H-hey guy.." Wallace coughs out blood.

Scott looks up, smiling.

"Wait! Nurse! He's okay!!"

"I- my head still..hurts-"

The nurse turns off the device.

"W-What?!"

Wallace falls back down.

"Hm..Scott Pilgrim. Couldn't you tell? I'm infected..and soon you will join me..and so will he.."

Scott kills the nurse with one hit and plugs in the breathing device.

"Wallace! Wallace?" He shakes him.

beep

"Wallace!!" Scott hugs him. The monitor shows a beating heart.

"H-Hey!.." Wallace says, hugging him back weakly, barely able to lift his arms.

Ramona arrives. "Wallace, you're okay?"

Wallace coughs out blood again and nods. "M-Maybe."

"I'm sorry about your boyfriend. At least you're okay, though."

"It's fine..I guess. I hope we wake up and none of this is real."

"But..how did it feel to die?.."

"It went blank. I didn't feel my self breathing. It was weird. I just..pictured..me being born. and-and life."

"What?"

"It was a flashback to everything I've seen before. I saw myself as a baby. I- I don't know. It was weird. And I felt it..all remembering what had just happened. So..as a baby..I felt bad for you guys."

"Oh..okay. Well, lets hope you don't die again. And why are you coughing blood so much?.. And how can you stop?"

"I-I can't. It hurts. Can we go to a real hospital..? Please?"

"Okay."

They call an ambulance and are taken to the hospital.

☆ timeskip

Scott goes to the coffee shop to see his sister, Stacey.

"STACE?!.."

"I-I'm sorry! Please.. I..I'm telling you.. I didn't want to.. but I was so hungry.."

Stacey stands in the middle of 5 dead customers, rotting and in a puddle of coffee.

"And- I don't want to..but I need..I need to eat you..you too.. Please forgive me.."

Scott punches Stacey across the room and throws shards of the broken window in her rotting scars.

"S-Scott..tell..tell Wallace he was..my favorite..person..and..I love- I love you..Scott."

Stacey lies dead, adding to the puddle.

Scott stands still.

"What have I done? I did what was right..but I just killed my sister.. Oh fuck."

Scott slumps down and cries. He understands that Stacey is dead and hugs her. "I'm so sorry Stace. I promise..I love you too."

Stacey Pilgrim

Infected: Stage 3
Status: Deceased
Sanity: Was 30%..now 0%
Inventory: Rot
Notes: Feels horrible, and didn't want to die.
Quote: "I'm so sorry."