第二十二

warnings: slight angst?-

How wonderful. Another day full of ignoring the press. You will your face into a poker face as the car nears the stadium. Looking out the window, you could already see a ridiculous amount of reporters, cameras and mics all ready for both you and Ego. You look to Ego who sat to the other side of you, his eyes were trained on the iPad that lay on his lap. Even he had dressed up all fancy, wearing an all-black three piece suit.

You, on the other hand, had received a call just two days ago requesting you to wear a brand's clothes - they had even given you the clothes for free. It was quick money, all you had to do was wear it and you'd instantly gain money. Like you'd pass up on that. You wore a black turtleneck dress and a black leather overshirt. You sigh to yourself, running your fingers through your hair before you feel the car arrive at a stop.

Just like that, the chauffeur opened your door for you and you stepped out, dusting your lap as you stood up. Your vision was blinded by the bright lights of the cameras that were either recording, or taking photos of you. You wait for Ego to approach your side before the two of you walk together and into the stadium, ignoring the flurry of questions coming from the reporters.

You could've made it into the stadium without needing to answer any questions. Keyword: could've. But you didn't as a reporter shoved a mic into your face and you clenched your jaw in annoyance.

"Miss (L/N), do you think that the Blue Lock participants stand a chance against Japan's U20 Team? What happened inside the facility? What do you feel about Itoshi Sae joining the U20 Team for this game?" a reporter asked you and you slid your gaze to meet him. "What happened inside the facility stays inside the facility. I advise that you stop looking for answers you'll never find. Itoshi can do whatever he wants, I have nothing to say other than that I'm looking forward to watching him play." You pause, wondering whether or no to answer the first question you had been asked. You were always 'politically right' when it came to answering questions from the press, but you supposed now would be a great time to be different.

"As for how the Blue Lock Eleven will do...I have every confidence in them that they'll win this," you say firmly, staring into the camera as if challenging those watching to say otherwise. Your words caused an uproar but you ignore everyone else. You and Ego heading into the stadium.

"I'll wish them good luck first before I head off to the seats," you say to Ego as he nods his head. His eyes were still glued to his screen and you wondered what he was doing that required so much of his attention. You turn around, deciding to leave him as you head towards where their locker is.

Just as you were about to enter the locker area, you heard your name being called out and you turned around to see none other than the captain of the U20 Japan Team. He let out a wolf whistle as you met his gaze. "Think I prefer seeing you all dressed up like this," he says as he shoots you a smirk as you raise an eyebrow at him, unamused. "Why? Seeing me in my uniform gives you PTSD?" you retort to which he laughed. "Maybe," he admits.

"You look as homeless as always," you say in greeting as he stands a few steps in front of you. "Ouch," he says with a scoff. "Alright, I was just about to go inside to give them a 'good luck' wish, so what is it you want Oliver?" you ask him as you fold your arms. He observes you for a few seconds, silence surrounding the both of you before he breaks it.

"Forgot," he says as he blinks and your eye twitches in annoyance. "What?-" you say as you narrow your eyes at him sceptically, you knew Aiku would never be one to simply 'forget' things, as much as you'd hate to give him credit, he's a sharp person. But you roll your eyes and turn around, "then go away. Oh but-" You stop to look back at him, giving him one last glance before continuing, "good luck for the match."