8. The Consequences

Dr. Strange's revelation about the recent use of the reality stone and its cosmic repercussions hung heavily in the air. Thor, accompanied by the Sorcerer Supreme, sought answers within Stark Tower. Tony, with a heavy heart, became the reluctant bearer of unsettling news.

As Thor acknowledged that the reality stone had been used before it was taken to Asgard, Tony pointedly mentioned, "Your brother did."

Thor, aware of Loki's previous exploits with the reality stone, shook his head, indicating that this occurrence happened after those known events. The uncertainty of the consequences of a subsequent use weighed on their minds.

Dr. Strange, attempting to understand the situation in simpler terms, asked Tony directly, "Did something happen here? Anything tragic?"

Tony, visibly burdened, sighed, a gesture of resignation and internal conflict.

Thor looked around," My apologies that I didn't ask. But where is Banner? Barton? Where is  Wilson? And I can't see lady Natasha and lord Steven. Are they on any mission?"

Tony's eyes betrayed the pain within as he sighed, avoiding Thor and Dr. Strange's gaze.

Tony's reaction became more pronounced as he stood up, a heaviness in his voice. "You two can leave. I can't help you with anything," he declared, conveying a sense of finality and a refusal to engage further. 

Thor, refusing to accept the dismissal, insisted, "Stark."

 However, Tony sharply snapped back, "No one is here except we three. Avengers is closed, shutter down."

Thor, still struggling to grasp the situation, asked Tony once more, "What do you mean?" 

Tony, running his hand through the back of his head, sighed deeply before delivering the devastating news, "Steve is dead." The weight of the revelation hit Thor hard, disbelief etched on his face. Tony continued to provide context, stating, "Yes, that's why no one is here," as he began to walk away.

However, Dr. Strange intercepted Tony, his curiosity overriding the somber atmosphere. "Who used it on him?" he inquired, a sense of urgency in his voice. 

Tony, seemingly reluctant to engage in the conversation, shot back, "Do you need any hearing aid? I don't wanna talk."

 Dr. Strange, undeterred, pressed further, emphasizing the gravity of the situation, "I have to know the reason because the fate of the entire universe depends on it. I have to reset the multiverse."

As Tony conveyed the circumstances of Steve's demise, Dr. Strange's keen mind grasped a perplexing connection that transcended the ordinary bounds of coincidence. Tony, still grappling with the shock of Steve's death, spoke, "He sank into water in his car."

Dr. Strange, with an air of mystical insight, responded with a statement that sent shivers down Tony's spine, "If something happens more than once, it shouldn't be called a coincidence." Tony, perplexed and seeking clarity, looked at the sorcerer for an explanation.

Dr. Strange went on to unravel the enigma, revealing a haunting parallel in Steve Rogers' fate, "Captain had sunk into water 75 years ago once. He drowned in water again, just weeks ago."

The revelation struck like a bolt of lightning, stirring Tony's disbelief into a maelstrom of realization. The cosmic implications of Steve facing a similar demise, separated by decades, added a layer of complexity to the already mysterious situation. The idea that history had repeated itself, fueled by cosmic forces, left Tony reeling in the face of an uncharted and unsettling reality.

 Clenching his fists in a futile attempt to contain the flood of thoughts, Tony's internal turmoil intensified. He hesitated, then asked the question that weighed heavily on his mind, "How does the reality stone work?"