Authors Note

The tumultuous love story between Oskar Vitale, a brooding son of Hades, and Zoë Nightshade, a resolute member of the Hunters of Artemis.

Bound by the sacred oath to forsake romantic love in her commitment to the Hunters of Artemis, Zoë suddenly becomes entangled in an unexpected complexity after two millennia when confronted with Oskar Vitale. Amidst her steadfast dedication to Artemis, a stirring emotion begins to resonate within her heart. Meanwhile, Oskar, marked by shadows and the weight of his divine lineage, stands as a captivating enigma in Zoë's world. 

Initially fraught with disdain, their connection becomes a magnetic force that draws them closer—leaving Zoë to make a difficult decision.

The story begins during 'The Titan's Curse'. 

The demigods and hunters join forces to rescue Annabeth and Artemis, whom the Titan Atlas has captured. 

In the background is the Titan Lord Kronos, who is plotting to overthrow the Olympian gods.

Oskar Vitale

Age: 15

Oskar Vitale, the son of Hades, is very tall and commands attention with his arresting appearance

Oskar Vitale, the son of Hades, is very tall and commands attention with his arresting appearance. His eyes, an icy shade of blue, seem to reflect the chill of the Underworld itself. Despite the intensity of his gaze, those eyes have an enigmatic allure, hinting at depths of emotion hidden beneath the surface. 

A cascade of dark hair frames Oskar's face, adding a touch of warmth to his otherwise cool demeanour.

What sets Oskar apart is his seemingly paradoxical nature. Despite being the offspring of Hades, Oskar carries an air of happiness and light. The weight of his heritage does not burden his demeanour; instead, he exudes a positive energy that defies the darkness associated with his father.

Yet, beneath the cheerful exterior, there lies a latent ruthlessness. Oskar has the capacity to tap into the strength inherited from Hades when the situation demands it. In moments of necessity, his eyes can harden, and his actions become resolute and decisive, showcasing a determination to protect those he cares about.

Oskar Vitale embodies the complex interplay of light and shadow, warmth and coldness.

In "The Sea of Monsters," Oskar appears as an unexpected ally. After a harrowing confrontation with Luke aboard Princess Andromeda, Oskar, alongside Percy, Grover, Tyson, and Annabeth, manages to escape the treacherous vessel.

Oskar stands out among the group of half-bloods as they find themselves aboard the ship. His presence sparks curiosity, especially from Grover, who wonders how Oskar has survived away from Camp Half-Blood and how he managed to go unnoticed. With a sly smile, Oskar responds that he's quite adept at hiding, revealing a knack for navigating the shadows and eluding attention.

As the ship nears Camp Half-Blood, Oskar's demeanour grows more serious. Grover, sensing an air of mystery, asks about Oskar's parentage. In a grim tone, Oskar confesses that he suspected his divine heritage, and his suspicions are confirmed when they arrive at the camp. Hades, the god of the Underworld, claims Oskar.