Oskar - The Hunters

Emerging from the woods, a group of archers at appeared. Comprising around a dozen girls, the youngest among them appeared to be around ten years old, while the eldest, like me, was around from fifteen. Clad in silvery ski parkas and jeans, each of them carried a bow, displaying a collective determination as they advanced toward the Manticore.

"The Hunters!" Annabeth exclaimed.

Beside me, Thalia muttered, "Oh, wonderful."

Before I could inquire about her comment, one of the older archers stepped forward, her bow drawn.

Tall and graceful, she possessed coppery-coloured skin. Her hair, a cascade of darkness that framed her countenance. Unlike her companions, the silver circlet perched upon the crown of her head only accentuated the regal air about her, transforming her into a Persian princess in the midst of archers.

As I gazed upon her, I found myself captivated, drawn into the elegance of her beauty like a moth to a flame. Her grace seemed to transcend the ordinary, leaving me in awe of her every movement. It was as if she moved through the world with a natural poise that elevated her above the mundane.

Like polished marble, the smoothness of her skin reflected the sun's soft glow, creating an ethereal radiance.

Her determined expression, etched with purpose and resolve. It hinted at a depth of character, a strength beneath her beauty's surface. The furrow of her brow and the intensity in her eyes spoke of a girl who was not just a vision of loveliness but a force to be reckoned with, a combination that stirred something profound within me.

Without averting her gaze from the Manticore, she requested, "Permission to kill, my lady?"

Unable to discern whom she addressed, I remained puzzled while the monster wailed, protesting, "This is not fair! Direct interference! It is against the Ancient Laws."

Contradicting the creature, another girl, slightly younger than me, with auburn hair pulled back in a ponytail and unusual silvery-yellow eyes, spoke up sternly. Despite her breathtaking beauty, her expression held a dangerous edge. "The hunting of all wild beasts is within my sphere. And you, foul creature, are a wild beast."

She directed her gaze at the older girl, "Zoe, permission granted."

The Manticore growled, threatening, "If I cannot have these alive, I shall have them dead!"

Perhaps sensing their vulnerability, the monster lunged at Thalia and Percy.

"No," I yelled, rushing at the creature, not noticing Annabeth behind me.

"Get back, half-blood!" the girl with the circlet instructed. "Get out of the line of fire!"

Before I had reached Manticore, I dived aside, but Annabeth had already vaulted onto the monster's back, thrusting her knife into its mane.

The Manticore let out a howl, spinning in circles with its tail flailing while Annabeth desperately clung to it.

"Fire!" Zoe commanded.

"No!" Percy shouted.

The Hunters released their arrows, the first finding its mark in the Manticore's neck and another striking his chest. Staggering backwards, the creature wailed threats, "This is not the end, Huntress! You shall pay!"

Before anyone could react, the monster leapt over the cliff with Annabeth still clinging to his back and tumbled into the darkness.

"Annabeth!" Percy cried; he moved to chase after her, but our adversaries weren't finished.

Undeterred, the Hunters continued their advance on us.

Zoe abruptly halted when she spotted Thalia.

"You," she uttered with disdain.