Oskar - Final Night

Camp ran late that summer—two weeks longer than usual, right up until the start of the new school year.

And honestly? Those last two weeks were some of the best of my life.

I mean, Zoe would probably kill me if I didn't say the entire summer was amazing, especially with all the new cabins and the growing number of demigods arriving every day. 

Let's just say those final days were something special, and not just because of Zoe—though she was a big part of it.

Grover had officially taken over as head of the satyr seekers, sending satyrs across the globe to find unclaimed half-bloods. For once, the gods had kept their promise, and new demigods were popping up everywhere—not just in America but worldwide.

One afternoon, Grover and I took a break by the canoe lake. The sun was high, glittering on the water, and even though the camp was buzzing with activity, here, by the lake, it felt quiet—almost peaceful. Grover wiped his brow, looking a little overwhelmed. 

"We can hardly keep up," he admitted, chewing on the edge of a tin can. "I'm going to need a bigger travel budget, and maybe a hundred more satyrs."

I smiled, trying to lighten the mood. "Yeah, but the satyrs you've got are working hard. I think they're a little scared of you."

Grover blushed, his cheeks turning a bright red. "That's silly. I'm not scary."

I gave him a look. "You're a lord of the Wild, dude. The chosen one of Pan. A member of the Council of—"

"Stop it!" he interrupted, embarrassed. "You're as bad as Juniper. I swear, she will have me running for president next."

We both laughed, and as Grover returned to nibbling his can, we stared across the lake at the new cabins under construction. 

What had started as just a handful of buildings in a U-shape quickly transformed into a full rectangle, with new additions almost daily. The demigods were excited, throwing themselves into the project with everything they had.

Nico had his undead crew working on rebuilding the Hades cabin, apparently because the previous design just didn't cut it for him. I had to admit, though—it was turning out pretty impressive. The walls were solid obsidian, dark and ominous, glinting in the light, with a massive skull looming above the door. Green torches burned around the clock, casting an eerie glow over the entire structure. It was so very Nico.

Inside, the cabin was divided into two separate quarters, giving us our space. Nico's side of the room was just as brooding as expected. His bed was a heavy, black, wrought-iron frame with dark grey sheets that seemed to absorb any light that tried to enter the room. The wardrobe was equally imposing, polished black wood with intricate carvings of skeletons and underworld scenes along the edges. A large, old chest of drawers sat beside it, dark and worn, with brass handles shaped like tiny skulls. His desk was minimalist, made of the same black wood, with little more than a single candle and a few ancient-looking books stacked. The space felt wrapped in shadows, quiet and still, just like him.

On the other hand, my side of the room had a little more warmth. The bed was wooden, lighter in tone, with a patchwork of burgundy, deep red, and forest green sheets and blankets spread across it. It felt inviting, a mix of earthy tones and soft fabrics. I had a small wardrobe, but mine was a lighter oak, worn and cosy, with soft brass handles shaped like leaves. My chest of drawers matched the warm tones of my bed, and I kept a few personal items on top—an old photo frame of my mother, a small potted plant, and little things that made it feel more like home. My desk, while simple, had a bit more colour to it—stacked with books, some old, some new, and a few candles with rich burgundy and brown hues.