Destination SKARO (2)

The pilots were absolutely clueless. They spared no time to yell at or lecture any of them, due to the extremity of the situation.
   In front of the pilots were three blue screens, flat and futuristic. Around a ton of little buttons were across the screen, and taking up the most of one was a large map, clearly showing where the plane was, with the words 'Connection Lost' splayed across it. It was a wonder how they managed to remember what each button did.
Above them were three more screens, the one in the middle showing a flat line - clearly being some sort of sound level meter - and the two other screens were currently blank, displaying the name of the airline; 'Dooms'. Huh, fitting.

The Doctor was questioning the pilots about if they knew exactly how they managed to end up in a void of space. Flashes of light came and went in the distance. During this, Trixie took the time to glance at the passenger list:

- Anderson, Savannah
- Anderson, Ally
- Anderson, Veronica
- Callum, Eliot
- Lane, Henrietta
- Rens, Isla
- Rufus, Marc
- Olma, Raj

Cutting her reading off, with a violent surge, the aggressive turbulence came once again. It shook the cockpit so badly that Marc, Trixie and the Doctor had to scurry out of it to avoid knocking into anything.
   The Doctor suddenly exclaimed like he was in pain, falling towards a wall, his face screwed up. Trixie rushed forward, almost falling herself as the plane jolted once again.

"Doctor! Are you okay?" She asked, concerned, holding him by his shoulders to prevent him from falling. She hadn't seen him like this, ever; it was worrying.

The turbulence had stopped.

The Doctor sprang up after a few more moments of the pained expression.

"AGHH! I've forgotten something.. something important! It's staring me right in the face!" He yelled suddenly, starting to pace a short distance, looking as if he was about to pull his hair out. Trixie - as well as most of the other passengers - just stared. "GRAVITY; there's no gravity outside, but there is inside, why?" He asked, clearly to himself. "Gaah! I wish this made sense!" He continued, "Okay, okay. There must be some source of transmission beam this thing is in and that's how we still have gravity. Only question is, who's casting it?"

He had his index and thumb against his chin, and she could practically see the gears in his head turning. Suddenly, he rushed to the cockpit, yelling;

"Do you have scanners on this plane?"

"Yes, we do."

"Are they on?"

"No."

"Then what's the point in having them then? Turn them on!" The Doctor said, exasperated. The pilot in question fiddled with the screen in front of him hastily. "Scanners not being on, in the 26th century!" The Doctor continued complaining quietly.

"Done, sir." The pilot said, sitting up.

"Scan for life forms.." The Doctor mumbled, sounding quite impatient. Trixie could see why; being an alien and having access to a box which could've identified the issue ages ago, then suddenly having to deal with whatever the 26th Century's technology was, would definitely be infuriating.

A pleasant 'beep' sounded. Then another.

"According to the scanner, there's quite a few life-forms up ahead. Just.. we can't see them yet." The other pilot said, leaning over to look at the middle screen, where it showed the plane, and two green dots up ahead.
Immediately after he announced this, more and more dots started appearing, a beeping sound following each. Soon, it got to the point where most of one area looked like a massive green blob.