It wasn't your fault

"Cat," tom walked into the room. I looked up at him. "Yes?"

"Milo, wants to see you."

I nodded my head and i left the bag of chips on the nightstand. I walked downstairs and down the halls. The ringing stopped after three days, so now i can hear and talk.

Reaching Milo's office, I took a deep breath before knocking lightly on the door. "Come in," Milo's voice called from inside. I pushed the door open and stepped in.

"Cat, please, have a seat." He gestured to the chair in front of his desk.

I took the offered seat, fidgeting with the hem of my shirt. "You wanted to see me?"

Milo folded his hands, his gaze steady. "It's your fault. Catherine. How stupid enough are you that you took a drink from a guy like Camron? Did you have any idea who he is?"

His accusatory tone caught me off guard, and I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. "I... I didn't know he would—"

Milo interrupted with a stern look. "Ignorance is not an excuse, Cat. We operate in a dangerous world, and trust is a luxury we can't afford. You put yourself and everyone here at risk."

Guilt weighed heavy on my shoulders as Milo continued, "You're not a child anymore. You should know better."

"I'm eighteen! I'm still a teenager you dumbfuck!" I yelled.

He slammed his fists on the desk "don't you ever disrespect me in my goddamn office!"

Milo's eyes flared with anger, and a tense silence hung in the air. I bit my lip, regret washing over me. "I'm sorry." I muttered.

Milo's intense gaze bore into me, the room filled with an uneasy tension. "Sorry isn't going to cut it, Cat." he said sharply. "You need to understand the gravity of your actions."

I nodded, "I get it."

"Now get the hell out of my office, I don't want to see your gorgeous face again today."

Leaving Milo's office with a heavy heart, I closed the door behind me and took a deep breath.

As I walked back through the dimly lit halls, I couldn't shake off the feeling of guilt.

Tom's concerned eyes met mine as I re-entered the room. "What did he say?" he asked.

I automatically broke down into tears, "he said it was my fault." I walked over to tom who's laying on the bed and i sit next to him. He sits up and wraps his arms around me.

"It wasn't your fault, Catherine."

My soft sobs filled up the room.

"I just want a day where it feels like i'm not falling apart anymore."

I clung to his embrace, seeking solace in the warmth of his presence. "I just want everything to be normal again, Tom. I wanna go home, i didn't fucking ask for this shit."

"I just want to feel safe again, Is that too much to ask?"