Three words

I stared at Bill, he couldn't hold eye contact.

I jumped out of the seat and walked over to the garage where tom was, fixing his car.

"Tom." I said, he was hunched over the open hood of his car.

He looked up, sweat was dripping off his face, and oil all over his hands. He then quickly looked down.

"I'm busy." He firmly said. His voice sounded annoyed. I rolled my eyes.

Why'd he have to be like that? Just a couple hours ago he was crying in my arms now he's being a weirdo.

"Tom." I said again, firmly, matching his energy.

He didnt reply and didnt pay any attention to me.

"Did you wait for me?" I asked.

He looked up confused, "what?" He murmured.

"Did... you... wait... for me?." I said again.

His expression changed from confused to soft.

I stared at him, and bit the corner of my lip. His eyes searched mine, then he ran up to me and pulled me into a hug. I flinched at his sudden movement.

"Catherine, i waited forever for you. Every single day, i sat there talking to you, watching you sleep. You looked so peaceful, i just wished you could go back to that peaceful state." He rested his head on top of mine, his body squished my face.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything Tom." I whispered as tears threatened to spill from my eyes.

He held me tighter, and I hugged him back. "I just wanted you to come back to me, I was scared you wouldnt wake up. I missed the sound of your voice, I missed everything about you darling."

I couldn't speak, it was like something was stuck lodged into my throat. I looked up at him.

Three words.

"I love you."

My mind fogged up, tears streaming down my face.

I didnt want to love, i was scared of loving him. I love him. I cant fight my feelings anymore.

"But i'm scared of loving you."

The words came out of my mouth like smoke, smooth. But it shouldn't be smooth, it should be rocky, right?

He stared down at me. He couldn't say it back.

He didnt love me.

"You dont love me."

I backed up from him, "if you dont love me then don't act like it."

I ran, i ran out of the stupid garage, the stupid kitchen, and the stupid house.

Those disgusting words came out of my mouth, i didnt want to be loved. But i wanted him to love me. Everything felt so confusing, it was like i'm going insane. Insane from this love spell he had put on me.

Toms p.o.v

She ran out, and i let her. I watched her. I fucked up. I should've said something.

I loved her too.

But i couldnt say it. I was scared.

I heard the front door slam shut. Bill ran into the garage "tom its raining your letting her go like that?"

I silently swallowed, i walked over to him and pushed him out the way.

I ran out of the garage, the kitchen, and the house.

"Catherine!" I called out, she was walking down the gates of the house.

She ignored me. I ran faster.

I couldn't let her go.

I fucking loved her.

I caught up to her and turned her around by her shoulder.

Her face was red and she was soaked in the rain. I couldn't tell if she had been crying because the rain mixed in with her tears.

"What Tom? Fucking what?" She screamed.

"I-" i paused "I love you! I fucking love you! And the only reason I didn't say it in the first place was because I was scared! Cat, I was scared. I didn't know if you were telling the truth. You shouldn't love me after everything i've put you through." I screamed back.

She crossed her arms over her chest she was shaking. Her lips parted and she stared up at me.

"I love you." I said again.

She didnt say anything. Her facial expression was blank.

"What do you want." I mumbled.

"What?" She asked.

"What do you want?" I asked, again but firmly.

"I- tom I dont understand."

I put my hands on her face, "i want you, All of you. Your flaws. Your mistakes. Your imperfections. I want you, and only you. But what do you want?"