Seven weeks

I woke up to the sound of heavy rain and thunder. I blinked open my eyes, and sat up in bed. I looked over at the alarm clock that was on the nightstand, '11:27 AM'

I got up slowly, and walked over to the bathroom. I turned on the shower and changed.

I couldn't help but feel that something was off. Like I had been asleep for weeks.

I was brushing my hair, then in the corner of my eye.. i see Tom.

It felt like I hadnt seen him in ages. He looked different like he hadn't gotten any sleep. A part of me felt like I was missing him. Craving him?

I was startled and sharply gasped as i turned to face him. The black hairbrush landed on my foot, making me jump.

"Jesus Christ, tom." I nervously laughed. But then snapped myself back to reality, to realize who this man was and what he has done to me.

He stared at me. His eyes were wide, full of confusion, a mix of worry.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked, fixing my shirt.

"I- Catherine you're awake." He whispered.

I stared at him confused, "what-" he cut me off

"You were asleep for seven weeks." He started walking closer to me, and he placed his hand on my cheek. I slightly flinched.

Seven weeks?

"Seven weeks?" I echoed, i stared into his glossy eyes. He looked sad, tears were on the brim of his waterline.

"Don't cry." I whispered, seeing him sad like this made my eyes water up.

"I broke you, Catherine. You were so tired of fighting, i'm so sorry." His voice was shaky, and I could feel his hand shaking. Tears fell from his eyes, "no don't cry tom, you didnt do anything wrong." I lied.

He leaned onto me, his head was resting in the inner corner of my neck. His tears made my skin and shirt sopping wet. His legs were weak, i could feel him dropping himself. I dropped with him.

We were now on the floor, his body was lying in my arms. My back was resting on the cabinets. I dried to calm him down, but he was sobbing.

"Its okay Tom, i'm here baby." I kissed his cheek, but I immediately felt disgusted and I cringed at my words.

I bit my lip, thinking, he was just as broken as I am. He needed fixing. He needed love.

I tried to be as affectionate as possible but I was scared to touch him. I thought that if I did he would lash out. I knew he was sensitive in some places.

"I don't deserve you." He sobbed.

"Tom, don't say that. I want to help you get better." I didn't know if I wanted to. I'm terrified.

He looked up at me, his crying stopped a little bit.

I bit my bottom lip.

"Catherine I- I think I." He blinked away the left over tears. "I lo-.." he hesitated. "I think you're the most beautiful person I have ever met."

"No tom don't say that. You don't know what you're saying, don't ever say that to me ever again Tom. Got it? I'm not who you think I am. I'm disgusting. The most disgusting person you will ever meet in your whole life." I sighed.

We stared into each other's eyes, I was angry but sad. I knew I shouldn't have said any of that. It was wrong of me. But I had to tell him.

"I'll let you drag me to hell if it means youll hold my hand." He said so calmly.