Chapter 1

~~~ Sophia's POV ~~~ 

Today is the day. I get to fulfill my promise to my best friend. We are both One Direction fans, but since Lenna was diagnosed with cancer, we had to delay our plans. After taking probably the quickest shower in my life, I got dressed in an outfit Lenna and I had planned months ago. Smiling with content, I did my make-up and tied a pink ribbon in my hair. Pink ribbon. I never take it out unless absolutely needed. 

My parents were at work, and it was my responsibility to get Lenna to the event. I got in my cheap excuse of a car and drove to her house.

Now, let me tell you something. Lenna is hands-down the strongest person I know. She was diagnosed one year ago, and she still has her unbroken spirit. We all know the doctors say she isn't getting better drastically, but where there is a will, there is a way. 

When I was a block away, my cell phone rang. I glanced over to see it was Lenna that called me. I smiled and put it on speaker phone, so I could continue to drive. 

"Hello! This is Pablo's Pizzeria! " Lenna spoke.

I smiled. Ever since we were seven that's how we've answered the phone. It was comforting to know not everything has changed.

"I'll be there in 3...2...1.. Here!" I squealed. As I pulled into her driveway, I saw sitting on the stairs smiling with her mom behind her. She looked sickly. It pained me to admit it. However, she was here, and that's all I needed to know. 

Her mom helped her into my car looking older than she actually was. "Well ladies, have fun at the benefit concert. Are you sure you don't want me to tag along?"

I opened my mouth to answer, but Lenna did it for me. "Yes mom. You will cramp our style. Go." 

I couldn't help but laugh. Lenna always had that ability to make someone laugh. Her mom stepped back and Lenna closed the door. 

"Speaking of styles, I call Harry," Leena giggled. She had a love for him like no other.

I rolled my eyes. I knew better than to try to make a comeback. The rest of the way we talked about fantasies in our head ending with living happily ever after with one of the boys.