Chapter 10

"Everyone gather on the couch! I'm turning it on! Now!" Megan, the make up artist, screamed trying to control the rowdy groups.  This was her third attempt to get us on the small couch.  A few hurtled to the couch. It was only Luke, Lenna, and me who had all grown close after the past week. "What's wrong with you three? Sit down! I'm serious!" Megan tried her best to be serious. Tried.

"Ohh! We should sit down before she hurts us." Luke joked. The three of us ran and sat on the floor since to couch was full. Not one spot was taken by one of the boys. 

Megan sighed and popped the cd in. She ran to go to turn off the lights and bustled to her chair she preserved for herself. A few seconds after the cd was put in, the screen played. The vibe in here was hyped up. Everyone felt so excited, we seemed to be feeding it off each other. 

The music started playing, and it was Luke and I. In the video, we were a couple, and we seemed... happy. I looked over at Luke who was looking at me smiling slightly. After halfway through, Lenna showed up as one of the friends trying to keep them together. Lenna was squirming and smiling in her seat; her excitement was getting the best of her. And who wouldn't? This was going to be all over everywhere soon. All because that one day. 

When it was over, everyone cheered while some were clapping. Everyone got up and started hugging one another. The first person I hugged with a smile never leaving my face was Lenna. "Oh my --! You looked so good! Can you believe this is actually happening? Oh my!" I brought her into another hug before she left to talk to Megan.

I quickly turned to Luke. He was smiling as he moved closer. "Hello there Soph. How is everything?" 

"Considering we just watched that, pretty amazing." I said adding a laugh at the end. 

******

The video was debuted two days after we had watched it. It was a huge success and quickly climbing the ladder in iTunes. The boys were barely shown in it, yet the thought it was so selfless captured the hearts of girls worldwide. So there I was one week after the big release, with Lenna and Luke on their way over to my house to hang out. My mom was at work, and my dad is only God knows where. 

I was pouring chips into a bowl when the doorbell rang. I sprang from my feet and ran to the front door. I looked in the mirror near the door quickly before opening the door. Lenna and Luke both stood in the doorway. Lenna had her usual smile expression. Luke gave a smile too, which was so different than the first time we met.  

"Come in! Come in!" I beckoned. I was so happy to see them again. 

Luke walked as Lenna skipped inside. I closed the door behind them and joined them in the kitchen where they resided. Lenna was looking through my refrigarator while Luke attacked the bowl of chips. She pulled out my fruit platter I had for whenever Lenna came over. Lenna always preferred fruit over cookies even as a child, which was weird to all of us. 

Pulling off the top and plopping a piece of pineapple into her mouth she uddered, "So, what are we going to do?" 

"We could just watch a movie and hang out. I don't feel like going out," I said. Last time I was out, a few teenage girls kept looking at me with questioning eyes. I had a hunch of what it was about.

"Sounds good to me." Luke declared behind me. He grabbed the chip bowl surely over to the living room. Lenna followed him clutching her fruit protectively. As if I would interrupt her feast. I laughed to myself as I grabbed three drinks for us. 

Making my way to the couch, I sat in the seat available in between Lenna and Luke. Realizing I had to put in the movie, I got back up and went over to the television set.