Chapter 2

~~~SOPHIA'S POV~~~

Once we got there, the nerves settled in. Nerves maybe isn't a good way to describe it. How about this: it feels like your whole life has been leading up to this moment. Something is bound to happen that you can't explain and probably will never be able to explain. 

I helped Lenna get out of the car noticing the huge smile growing with every step we took. She was always the prettier inside and out. Even without her hair, she was the sun to everyone she met.

Lenna leaned in to whisper to me, "Remember... I get curly." 

I smiled and replied, "I don't know Lenna. I can't fight the boys off. I mean look at me." I then did a funny face, and Lenna immediately started laughing. By this time, we were at the receptionist desk. 

"Excuse me," Lenna said. The young receptionist looked up at Lenna then looked at me uncomfortable. If Lenna noticed, she gave no signs, "We are looking for the benefit concert. Do you know where it is?"

The receptionist was still looking at me when she responded, "I'll show you."

She then came out from behind the desk and led us down a hall of small rooms. I knew it would only be a few teens and some sponsors, but the rooms seemed tiny. We kept going down the hall which led to a big door at the end of the hall. She held one door open waiting for us to pass. 

Lenna spoke first, "Thank you!" The lady went back to her desk while we stepped inside. We were right on time.

Inside this room were seats and a stage, almost like a little concert. We looked for our names on the seats and quickly sat down unable to contain ourselves. Five minutes after talking and fangirling with Lenna, the lights dimmed and we heard squeals of girls. We were probably the oldest ones here, but we didn't care. I looked over at Lenna and saw the gleam in her eye. This was her final wish. This was all she wanted, and she got it. Years from now we would remember this and start laughing.  

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

My voice already felt lost, and the concert had only ended two seconds ago. I looked over at Lenna, and she was bawling tears of joy, "Best day ever." She managed to say when she wasn't gasping for air or crying. 

A man stood up at the front of the room smiling at Lenna. "You're day is about to get better. Boys! Get out here!" As soon as he said that, One Direction came down the stairs. "Now if everyone can get in a neat, single-file line, we can --" He was cut off by the screams of girls lining up hoping to touch their idols. 

By the time Lenna and I could react, everyone was in line. 

After walking back to the end of the short line, Lenna and I couldn't help but want to talk and scream. One Direction. We were going to meet One Direction.