Chapter 15

~~~ Sophia ~~~

I woke up before noon. 11:48. Go me. I wanted to sleep in, but I can never go to sleep once I wake up.

I reluctantly dragged myself over to my bathroom and took care of everything. I walked out with my teeth brushed, make up and hair done, and an empty bladder.

I sat back on my bed unsure of what to do. It was now Wednesday which meant Lenna and Luke are coming over, and by them coming over, I meant we met at my house before heading off to the beach.

Usually, summer I just sat indoors thinking about all the things I wanted to do and never do any of them. This summer I wanted to be different. 

I quickly got dressed with my bathing suit underneath. It was already a record-breaking temperature outside.

They were coming at one, so I had about half an hour to do nothing. I set out some chip bags not bothering to put them in a bowl.

I walked back to my room and checked the time. Only one minute passed.

I went over to my desk and went on Twitter. I tried going through some funny tweets, but my whole timeline was about us out to breakfast.

There were photos of us four walking out of Bernie's together everywhere. Everywhere.

It seemed everyone was praising the fact Harry was with a fan with cancer. As for Liam and me, people could be happier. Some were slamming me, others were saying they 'ship' it while the majority of people were talking about Payzer.

After going through twenty tweets in a row about how horrible I was, a knock sounded on the front door.

My phone wasn't beeping crazy and getting calls by now, so it was probably Luke.

I walked through the small hallway and past my living room to get to the front door. Giving one quick check to my reflection, I opened the door.

Luke was standing in front of me smiling. I returned the gesture and moved out of the doorway, allowing him to walk in. "Hi!" I said enthusiastically.

He stepped inside and closed the door behind him. He gave me a long hug; he was still hugging me when he spoke, "Hey Soph! Did you find out what happened to Lenna? She was acting weird."

I knew perfectly well, but what could I say? Oh yeah! Lenna tried setting me up with Liam Payne of One Direction, and it was either have you leave, or her plans forever ruined! Oh! Or how she has the whole complicated theory about you that I don't even bother to listen to!

"Oh. It was a girl get together. She was right," I lied through my teeth.

"Hm. That's what I thought." I couldn't determine if the look in his eyes was from feeling disbelief or trusting. I trusted that whatever he needed to tell me, he would tell me.

My phone beeped from its place in my pocket. I pulled it out of my pocket since the last time I assumed it was just dying I was butt-dialing. The screen darkened in warning of dying. I hadn't been able to find my charger last night and it was dying.

I quickly turned it off and headed for my room. I plopped my phone on my bed and turned around bumping into a close behind Luke. I was about to totter over when two arms firmed themselves around my waist, giving me support.

"Oh! Sorry!" I said.

He continued to stare in my eyes. It felt weird but comforting at the same time.

"Soph." He said dipping his head.

I naturally put my forehead against his. One little moment wouldn't hurt.

We were both leaning in closer and closer when my front door slammed. "Sophia! You home?" Lenna.

Luke stopped his leaning while I pulled back completely. I thought of what was just about to happen and quickly yelled for Lenna, "In here!"

I could tell Luke was annoyed, but he stayed silent. I was scrambling to get away from Luke. The last thing I needed was Lenna and her speech on her philosophies on people.

A few seconds later, she appeared in the doorway with a suspicious look on her face as soon as she saw Luke still standing in the middle of the room with me just lounging on my bed.

"Am I interrupting something?" She asked as she looked at me.

Luke gave a barely audible yes while I gave a strong no.

She shot me a warning glance before asking, "Whose ready for the beach?"

I gave an enthusiastic cheer and leapt out of the room grabbing my car charger for my phone and beach bag.

In the kitchen, I put the bags of chips into a bag and carried them off to Luke's car. We decided between my barely running scrap metal and his car __ his being the winner. I banged lightly on his car door to the backseat until it unlocked giving me access.

Lenna was the next one to come out of my house. She slipped into the backseat with me. Looking up at my with her eyes telling me mixed ideas, she said, "We need a plan." Before I could question why, she said quietly,

"I invited him."