Chapter 12

I woke up earlier than usual, but given, I fell asleep earlier. I woke up at six, and no matter how much I tossed and turned, I couldn't go back to sleep. Letting out a sigh, I maneuvered out of bed onto my feet. With a few stretches, I was good to go.

I remembered the icy tile floor to the house, so I quickly put on some socks before fumbling out of my room. I was still in my outfit of yesterday with my phone in my pocket, and my hair and make up was in a scary state. I didn't need to look in the mirror to know this.

I made my way to the kitchen before pouring myself cereal and sitting down. I lazily feed myself while taking out my phone. It was too early for Lenna today, but last night she texted me plenty.

I scrolled through my endless texts from her until I saw one that caught my attention.

Okay. Fine. Don't answer, but we are going out to eat at 8 AM missy! Call me! 

Lenna <3

I continued eating aware I hadn't eaten in around twelve hours. Either she was going to go to her doctor appointment, or she was already there.

I decided to call her, but none of the calls went through.

I locked my phone and concentrated on eating.

About five minutes passed, and I headed over to the sink to do my dish. I quickly put my bowl and spoon in the dishwasher when my phone beeped again.

I headed over to it expecting Lenna, but it was Luke. He told us in the twenty questions game yesterday that he always got up early, but it was six am. It seemed too early for anything, at least for me.

Good morning! Want to hang out today? I know you're probably sleeping, but call me when you get this! :)

I held my phone, slumping over to the shower. I turned it on and sat on the closed toilet until it heated up. I opened a new message directed towards Luke.

Hey! Guess whose up early? Not voluntarily, but I am up nevertheless! Lenna and I are going to breakfast, but you can come with?! I don't know where though!  

Text me back in like ten minutes! :)

With that, I went in the shower.

******

I was in my room and dressed in fifteen minutes. I was drying my hair with my towel when Luke texted me.

I got to go take care of something before breakfast. Where is it? Lenna isn't answering her phone. :)

I was still unsure, so I called her mom figuring she would know.

"Hello Rachel! Do you know where Lenna is planning us to go for breakfast? Her phone is off."

Lenna's mom is my second mom. I have gone to her with things I couldn't go to for anyone - even for my own mom. "Hi there Sophia! Yeah! She said something about going with you and a few people to Bernie's afterwards. Oh! One of them are picking her up, but can you drive her home? I have work."

Bernie's was our favorite breakfast place to go while Pablo's Pizzeria was our lunch and dinner. I should have known it would be Bernie's. "Of course! And I could definitely take her home!"

I could feel her grow serious. "Oh Sophia. Lenna isn't here, but the doctors came in. --"

Another voice interrupted her, Lenna's. "Mom?"