Chapter 14

~~~ Sophia ~~~

I went to run out the front door. My own best friend keeping secrets from me! I was about to throw the door open when a familiar voice sounded from behind me. "Sophia?" It was Liam.

Of course. Lenna would try to make this elaborate scheme. Of course. Typical Lenna getting involved in everything. Don't I have a choice? I'm sure Liam wasn't here voluntarily either.

I turned to face him. He had a confused look on his face that then changed to happiness, "Let's eat."

We filed back to the room while I was still in my head being mad at Lenna. I knew her well enough to know everything she thought. She thought I was some naïve little girl who didn't know anything.

Lenna was in front walking faster than Liam and me. We got to the room where Harry was just casually sitting on one side of the small booth. It was a small room with a few small booths for when special guests or parties come.

Lenna scooted into Harry's side leaving Liam and me to sit on the other side. Of course.

He motioned for me to scoot in first, and I did.

Bernie quickly came in and took our drink orders before leaving. Last time I went out to breakfast with Liam, it didn't end well. This time I felt on edge as if everyone was looking at me.

Lenna was smiling at me subtly winking. I rolled my eyes. Lenna and I always got the same thing here, so we knew what I wanted. The boys were reading the menus. Harry licked his lips and closed his menu. There wasn't that many things on there, but looking at Liam, he looked as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. It confirmed my suspicions of not voluntarily being here were confirmed.

Harry broke the ice Liam and I had taken no time at all to freeze over. "I know what I want. What about you, Liam?"

He glanced up to look at Harry. "Um. I don't see anything in particular yet."

Harry responded, "You've been looking at it for a while now. Are you sure you don't see anything you want?"

I wanted to laugh at the double meaning. Leave it to Harry to make things less awkward.

Liam folded his menu closed and set it down. Bernie came back with drinks. He carefully placed them in front of us. "So what will it be today?"

We all ordered, and I'm sure Lenna got a hoot over the fact Liam and I got the same thing.

I had to give Lenna credit; she was trying which was more than what Liam and I were putting in. "So Soph! How about that internship?"

She said Soph. She hated saying that nickname for me. She thought it sounded stupid. If her mission was to get my mind off Luke, it wasn't working. The whole morning was bizarre. He seemed forced and molded into what image I was not aware.

"They called me about an hour ago. They said I was working in the television and modeling aspects. I just help with general things. They know about me moving to Florida in a few months." In a few months. It was barely June and come August, I would be a freshman at a college as far away from my best friend as possible while staying in the country.

Harry and Lenna smiled at Liam who looked down. They all knew something I didn't. Why was I always on the outside of things?

"Lenna told us about the whole internship. Seems exciting. Huh Liam?" Harry said. I was unsure what he was getting at.

Liam began to slide out the booth and stand up. "Um. Excuse me for a bit."

He strode off without anything else said. My turn. "Me too."