Chapter 36

I woke up the next day only to shower and brush my teeth. I immediately walked back to my bed and sat on it. I sat alone for what felt like minutes before my dorm door opened to reveal a cheerful looking brunette.

"Oh! Finally you're awake!" she said making her way into the room. "I didn't come to the dorm until late last night, and you were sleeping, and I didn't want to wake you. I'm Olivia by the way. Wow! It's almost one! You must be starving."

After introducing myself, I was about to say I was not hungry, but I was. I hadn't eaten since the plane ride, and even then I didn't eat much over the nerves in my stomach. I nodded, wiped underneath my eyes, and stood up making my way to a mirror adjacent to the beds. My eyes were puffy and swollen, and I was thankful Olivia didn't press into why I had been crying. 

"We can get some breakfast if you want. We are going to be living together; we should get to know one another. My treat," Olivia insisted as she stood next to me in the mirror adjusting her hair and fixing her make up.

Though Olivia was extremely nice, I wanted to be alone, so after thinking of some reasonable excuses, I replied with, "I have to settle in, call my mom, and talk to a few...friends. Raincheck?" She hurriedly nodded making me promise we would indeed go out to eat when I am free to do so. She rushed to the door with a skip saying she was going to get food from a nearby vendor machine. She slipped through the door closing the door behind her.

Using the time I had alone, I unpacked my make up from my carry on and put concealer under my eyes in attempt to reduce the puffiness and redness. My whole face was flushed, and I began to apply the cosmetics when the door reopened. I continued my sad attempt to make myself presentable deciding getting my mind off of her would be best. I could ask Olivia if there was a party tonight we could go to together. I rarely ever drank because she couldn't and I didn't want her feeling alone or as if she's holding me back. If there wasn't a party tonight, a simple night out would have to do.

It was not until I could see the two figures who walked into the room out of the corner of my eye that I realized there were two sets of footsteps one significantly heavier than the other. One set belonged to Olivia, the other a male. "Um. This guy said he wanted to see you," Olivia's tone was questioning, and before I could turn my head, I knew exactly who it was. 

"Sophia," he softly said closing the distance between us hugging and holding me. As angry as I was at him for not giving me space, I couldn't help but be thankful he flew all the way out here when I needed him most. As my lungs filled with his familiar scent, I could finally feel comfortable. I felt like a puppet on strings finally cutting the strings. I was crying before I knew it, and Olivia left the room after awkwardly watching me sob into his chest.

"I told you not to come, Liam. I told you--" I was cut off by my mangled sob clawing its way through my throat.

"I know, Sophia. I know."

UPDATE ON THE 25TH. I ALREADY HAVE IT WRITTEN, SO THAT'S A GUARANTEE. THIS CHAPTER IS A SHORT FILLER CHAPTER, BUT NEXT CHAPTER IS NOT A FILLER, AND THIS SET IT UP. I KNOW LIAM'S ARRIVAL WAS PREDICTABLE, BUT HEY.