Chapter 38

So yay for updating!! This chapter's songs are Fall for You by Secondhand Serenade and You're Dead Wrong by Mayday Parade!

One more day. One more day until I have to attend a funeral for a person whose death has been single-handedly the worst thing to happen. Not even the worst thing to happen to just me, but her death has affected so many people. Her funeral is tomorrow and I'm supposed to get on an overnight flight with Liam tonight, sleep on it, and get ready and attend the funeral tomorrow. Two days from now I am to be on the first flight out of California. I would be there right now helping plan the funeral and helping Lenna's family through this as well as my family. As long as I focus on other people, I can stop focusing on my own pain. I can then stop focusing on my own regrets and self-pity, but I am in Florida almost 3,000 miles away from my salvation. Liam being here has no doubt helped me, and I don't want to know how it'll feel like once I fly back completely alone.

School has started, but I can't even set one foot into a classroom without breaking down. On Monday I tried to go to class, but I couldn't. I sat down with my head fixed towards my desk, but I could still hear the laughter and happiness of others. That was the only class I went to all of that day. I wasn't trying to be difficult; I just couldn't bring myself to surround myself with obliviously happy people. How could all these be so bubbly and happy when my entire world has crashed leaving the debris to suffocate me?

It was noon, and Liam and I sat across from each other in a booth at some small restaurant. I'm sure Liam was going to question why I wasn't in school because after all I called him suggesting we go out to eat. I had barely eaten since I heard the news, and I could tell Liam could sense it. He didn't saw anything about it for which I was forever thankful.

Liam has been here a few times since it was so close to his hotel, so when he ordered, and I ordered the same thing figuring he probably knew it was good already. I couldn't help but give a small smile remembering the first time we ate together. Even back then I thought the same logic and ordered based off of what Liam got.

"How did you know that old lady?" I asked remembering the lady knew Liam and even asked about Danielle.

Liam looked around confused before pointing to our waitress who was serving another customer and giving me a raised eyebrow.

I gave my best laugh I could give under the circumstances before elaborating, "The lady from the first time we ate together, and the whole tabloid thing happened...remember?" He seemed confused, and I was really terrified he had forgotten the first time we actually spent time together. I took another sip of my hot chocolate waiting for his response. When I sat the cup on the table, the waitress finally came with our food. She sat the identical meals in front of us and quickly left. I used my food as a new distraction from Liam. I popped a french fry into my mouth before looking up at Liam.

"Oh that lady? I went there a lot. There are rarely any paparazzi there. It was the first place I went to with Danielle when she flew out with me to LA for the first time also, so that kind of became...our place," he shied away at the mention of Danielle.  He never told me the reason for their break up, but it wasn't really my place to ask, so I figured I should just stay quiet.

After several bites of my meal, Liam was able to start on his own. I'm sure it was to make sure I eat and not avoid eating. Oh, Liam. As if he knew what I was just thinking about, he said, "It was because of you, you know right? That's why we broke up."

I shook and refocused on my food. I figured, and lord knows how many times...Lenna...hypothesized about it. I didn't want to say yes and be deemed the conceited girl especially since where we stood was shaky.