Chapter 19

I was sitting next to the fireplace with two arms around me. I smiled and felt a light kiss on my neck. "Luke."

I turned my head to face him to find Liam. "No, Sophia. Just me," he said while bringing his arms tighter around my torso. I kissed him first, but he broke away first. He whispered into my ear, "Wake up, Sophia."

My eyes opened up in a startle. I turned my body around to see Luke was hovering over me with light pouring in through my windows. My stomach dropped, and I immediately felt as if he could have read my dream just by watching me. He smiled and started playing with my hair unaware of the feeling pulsing through my body.

"You have work today in two hours," he said. "Oh, and why weren't you answering your phone yesterday? I called you like seven times."

"I was out with a few friends. I must not have heard it go off. Sorry." I lied with a straight face.

He gave me a skeptical look before shrugging. "Well, it's time to get up." My car was being fixed up, so I needed Luke to drive me today.

I forgot all about him last night, which was probably the worst thing about the situation. Not only did I meet up with Liam instead of my boyfriend, but we kissed, and he entered my dreams. I couldn't tell anyone. Not even Lenna. Okay. Maybe only Lenna.

My mind flashed back to last night. I smiled despite myself, and Luke said noting, "You look happy. Come on Soph. I'll make you breakfast if you want." He kissed my forehead and strolled out of the room.

I waited until he closed the door after him to rush to my phone. Two texts from Lenna. One text from Liam. I opened Liam's after peering around the room.

Good morning, Sophia! Want to meet up after work? Last night was fun! :)

I texted him: Good morning! Okay! My cars in the shop at the moment though :(

He immediately responded: I'll pick you up! Call me when your off! Got to go :(

Luke opened my door, and I quickly locked my phone. "Um. I have to change. Please get out," I said before he could question anything.

******

We sat in the parking lot like we had done two days prior, but this time, my mind was on Liam.

"Have a good day!" Luke said before kissing me. It was quick, and I quickly got out of the car. Nothing. I didn't feel anything as we kissed.

******

Luke had dropped me off after work, and I quickly called Liam the second I could.

"Hey Liam! I just got home! I can be ready in one hour!" I said trying to suppress my excitement.

"Sure thing Sophia! I'll see you at four!" He sounded excited as well, and he coughed trying to cover it up.

I laughed before asking, "Are we going hiking again, or can I wear a dress?"

He chuckled. "A dress is fine. I got to go, but I'll call you later."

He hung up before I could say anything, but I didn't care.

I got changed into a dress with spandex shorts underneath and touched up my make up.

I checked my phone, for what seemed like every five seconds, to find Luke had been calling me. I was unlocking my phone when another call from Luke came in. I heard some mumbling from my phone, so I put it up to my ear.

"Hey Soph! Want to hang out now? I can pick you up! I have to show you something!" Luke said.

"Um. I was actually going to watch a movie with my mom right now. She's been off earlier." I heard myself say. If I would have said Lenna, he could just call her or stop by her house. He knew my mom and I weren't as close and how I wanted to go back to the old days.