Chapter 7

After my quick shower and drying myself off, I quickly put on some shorts and a blouse. Putting on my eyeliner and mascara, I quickly check myself in the mirror like any other day. Slipping on some sandals, I grab a piece of paper and pencil and wrote a quick note to my mom:

Dear Mom,

I am going out for breakfast with a friend! See you in a bit! :)

Love you,

Sophia

I quickly grab my keys and head out the door. Sitting in my car, I realized Liam never said a place. After dialling his number, I sit back in my chair. One hand placed on the steering wheel while the other holds the phone to my ear.

Liam responds, "Oh hey! I just realized I forgot to mention where to meet me! Umm... How about I pick you up? What's your address?"

I give him my address and head into my house keys in hand.

"I'll be there in a bit!" With that, the phone call ended.

I open and close the door. Next target, the couch. I plop on the couch before realizing my hair isn't even close to being tamed. Although every part of my body suggests I stay on the couch, I swing my legs over and stand up. Making my way into the bathroom, I don't know when Liam is getting here, so I quickly blow-dry my blonde hair and finish in ten minutes. Rewarding myself by leaving the room and sitting back on the couch.

Just then my ringtone plays, and Liam's name flashes over my screen. Answering my phone, Liam's voice fills my ears. "I am outside your house."

Not being able to contain the smile on my lips, I reply into the phone, "Okay! I'll be out in a sec!" With that, I hang up the phone and put it into my pocket. Grabbing my purse from my room, I sneak a quick glance in the mirror. As good as it's ever going to get. I thought.

I quickly tugged on my shirt before fleeing out the door. I look up from my clothing and see Liam is waiting for my in his rental car. I fast walk over to his car hopping in. Buckling my seatbelt, I turn to face Liam smiling. "Where are we going?" I ask.

"Well good morning to you too," he said sarcastically smiling. The car began to move.

"Good morning! Where are we going?" I counter.

Laughing at my response, he states, "You'll see when we get there."

******

After making jokes and small talk the whole way to the mysterious place, we arrive in front of a small breakfast joint. After, what I suspect were the owners, waved Liam a hello, they showed us to a booth in the corner.

The old southern lady pushed us to our table. "Awh Liam! We thought you would never visit again! We missed you! Come, come! Where's Daniellle?"

As soon as I heard Danielle, I look up at Liam to see his face change from happy to blank. The blank is even scarier than the other facial expressions. I couldn't read this one.

"Um.. We broke up." He said looking down. So Harry and Lenna weren't lying. I don't know why this information affected me. It stirred up something I didn't know was there.

We slid into our seats, and I looked up at the old lady that placed menus in front of us. "Sorry to hear about that. Well Liam, I assume your usual? What about you miss?"

I peered at Liam then my menu then finally back to the lady. "Um.. Whatever he's having." I didn't want to awkwardly scavenge the menu with them looking at me.

The lady smiled and walked away leaving us alone In this empty place.

I decided to play the 'I didn't know card.' Plus, with everything last night they seemed fine. Or so I thought. I only saw Danielle, but it was hours before the break-up. "Sorry to hear about Danielle." I said to the table. I didn't want to meet his glare.

He grabbed my chin and yanked it up, so I would look in his eyes. Looking at his face now, I saw a smile creep onto his face. "Don't worry about it. We ended on good terms." Not from the photos I saw the tabloids post. "Hey," he said removing his hand. "Really it's fine. So about the music video... are you excited for it?" I could see his spark of happiness flare in his eye. Liam was back.

I couldn't contain myself, nor did he expect it. I smiled so big that my cheeks hurt. "Yes! It's going to be so much fun! It's for Over Again right?"

"Yeah. Did anyone contact you about it?"

I immediately thought how Lenna had all the information. After this morning, we ended in bad terms for the day. I know we will speak later, but I seemed to need her now. I don't know what it is. I was never able to hold a conversation with a boy before. Liam was a boy afterall. He may be "Liam Payne of One Direction," but he is a person.

"Lenna was sent everything. I haven't heard from her in a bit." If by bit, I meant hour, then yes I haven't talked to her. Pulling out my phone, I saw messages flood my phone. All from Lenna.

Before I could respond, the lady had come back with two coffees, one for each. She set them down just before us. "Here are your coffees. Anything else? The food will be right out in a moment." We both shook our heads, and I unlocked my phone and was typing a message to Lenna before I knew it.

I am with Liam. What do you want? I texted her.

As fast as lightening she responded. I know! That's what I'm trying to call you about! This guy from the place is taking pictures of you guys! Aw! I ship it!

I locked my phone and looked around the room. There are only three parties here, and only one avoided my view.

Both of our phones buzzed as a new picture popped up. I opened it and showed it to Liam. He sighed and showed me the same picture on his phone.

Liam slide out of the booth gracefully and took out money from his wallet putting down a few tens on the table. "We should go."

I slide out of the booth the total opposite as Liam and reached in my purse to pull out a ten as well. The man avoiding our eyes lifted his newspaper over his eyes. Liam grabbed my hand searching through my purse and led me to the front of the diner. Liam waved to the owners who shared a confused look on their face.

He led me back to the car opening my door waiting patiently as I slide in. He closed the door and went around to the driver seat. He sat in the seat heavily before speaking, "I'm sorry. Usually that doesn't happen there, but it did. I'm sorry." He looked straight forward at the car in front. His hands moved to the steering wheel in thought. I could see the muscles in his skin shift.

Hoping he didn't see where my attention was, I looked ahead as well. "It's fine. It's not your fault."

"I should get you home."

I nodded even though that is the last place I wanted to go. I wanted to lean over and hold his chin and tell him everything was fine. I wanted him to understand it was pointless beating himself over something he couldn't control. I wanted him...

The car started again, and just like that, I was on my way home. This time, the car was full of silence. It seemed like everything there was to talk about evaporated. There was nothing to say, so nothing was said.