|01|

Sapphire headquarters, Mumbai

"... Dad it's not possible for me. Try to understand, I have to be there and it was already fixed. I'm sorry I won't be available. " Call disconnect.

Shubman Gill, 26 year old, brilliant designer for both fashion and accessories as well as an entrepreneur, sat their pondering over what could be the urgent matter his parents wants to discuss.

' Sure must be something like get married now you are ageing or we are getting old and want to see our grandchildren stuff. ' were his thoughts.

The intercom ring brought him back to his office.

" Sir your brother is here. "

" Send him in. "

As the door opened, Hardik walked in with his best friend KL Rahul. He could feel slight tension in the surrounding air. His cousin looked irritated somehow.

" How are you Shubman??"

He acknowledged them with a nod, eyes still fixed on the designs on his iPad. The silence prevailed and hardik sigh at the cold behaviour of his cousin.

Rahul stood there with a sense of awkwardness wanting to be anywhere but in this room. He thanked God when his rang but the glare Shubman pinned him, in a wave of nervousness put the phone on speaker.

" Rahul Bhai , Harry bhai where are you guys??? See n Ro Bhai mujhe ice cream khane nhi de rahe h" a sweet voice whined from other side.

" Sorry kiddo but hum Hardik ke cousin se milne aaye h. And I promise on the way back I'd get your favourite. " Rahul softly cooed the boy.

" I love you so much Rahul bhaiya. - "

" Rahuliya stop spoiling him. He has slight fever -"

" No I don't - "

" Yes you do. Shall I call Dr kamlesh?? " From back he could hear the baby grumbling how no one loves him.

" Ok Virat stop. And Ishu take meds, rest well so that tomorrow I'll take you out for icecream treat, deal?? " He pacified the one adored by whole team.

" Ok deal. That's why I saw you and Harry bhai are the best. "

" Ro see what your kid is -" call disconnect.

Rahul shook his head at them. How he and other teammates adore this guy. Not only the seniors but his juniors and all the coaches and management. He smiled light at the thoughts of this sunshine.

He felt eyes on him and realised where he stood. Hardik looked ready to burst out laughing while Shubman had intense look, like deep in thoughts.

He nudge Hardik and indicated to the owner of where he stood. Hardik nodded and spoke with slight hesitation.

" Shubman would you like to come..amm.. and see the semi-finals WC match. It's ok if you are busy but atleast - "

" Who was he ?? "

The three words is all that escaped his mouth in whole half an hour of them being there.

" Huh!!? "

" The boy !!!"

" Ishan the opening batsman of the squad and - "

" I will join you on the semi-finals. Now go."

The cricketers looked shocked. They gazed at him as if he spoke alien. Weird was Shubman behaving, like nothing is wrong but again he is good at concealing his emotions.

" Out now. "

Their revive broke hearing his loud voice. Rahul pulled Hardik and quickly scurried away.

After they left Shubman felt a bucket of cold water poured on him. Oh, the blunder he made. They must be think he is insane.

The sweet voice surely did him something he can't point. It was soothing music to him. When he heard the voice, he felt himself in its capture.

As he pondered on this behaviour, the voice had already nestled itself in the depths of his heart and mind. The heart understood the indication and was trying to surface out that he is the one but the mind was still is denial.

Shubman being from corporate world thought from his mind. The voice lingered in his head but he brushed it off.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

That's all for the first chapter. Damn I am too nervous and don't know how to handle this. I swear I suck at this.