|11|

Cricket World Cup finals

India lost this world cup. It was such a heartbreak for all the ICT members and Indian fans.

Players had tears in their eyes. Some cried hugging their elder brothers.

The sad face of the players hurt every fan who witnessed their journey through out the world cup. Coaches saw them practice and struggle, get injured, heal and comeback to practice.

It was a painful sight.

Rohit and Virat did the needful interview protecting their other brothers.

Ishan snuggled in Surya's arms was sniffing now. He made the least number of runs.

Shubman who has seen the sad and dejected face of Ishan wanted to rush and cradle him in his arms.

He was not in India to run to Ishan. Last evening he had to fly to America due to a project. Still he need two days stay back for the meeting.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Ishan's overthinking self started working.

Internally he blamed himself. He cursed himself for not practicing properly, for letting his teammates, his family, his fans down.

The confines of his hotel room became a battle of turmoil inside him. His thoughts all over the place. His confidence shattered.

Everything started to suffocate him. He felt like a failure.

In amidst the chaos his phone blared. Shubman's name displayed. Ishan wanted some solitude for the events to sink but he couldn't ignore him. He even let him down

The late night conversation, sweet whispered assurance and the shared vulnerability.

The second time phone rang, Ishan composed himself and answered.

" Hello Shubman. "

That was his cue that his baby is not fine. After their date Ishan never called him with his full name.

" Say it baby. I'm here. I'll listen to you. Please don't bottle up baccha. " Shubman's voice so soft and warm. It was filled with assurance.

" I'm fine Shubman. Don't worr- "

" No you are not. Ishu, meri jaan bottling up will eat you from inside. It will hollow you. Please share with me." How can he understand him even miles away. But he can't burden him.

Ishan almost choked on his upcoming sob that he gulp before speaking

" No Mani, trust me I'm fine. I-i am just tired. I'll call you later. "

Shubman stared at the screen. The dead line spoke volume of how his little bunny is pretending to stay strong but how broken he is.

He needs to act fast.

He asked his manager, PA and the project team to handle the meetings. There is emergency and he needs to leave.

His pa got the jet ready to travel back to Mumbai.

Here Ishan returned home early and locked himself. He didn't come out for the whole day, not even for his meals. He did not pick calls from any of them.

His brothers and bhabhis coaxed in him to open his door. His parents were worried for him. He answered none.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

It was 2:00 am in the morning when Shubman step down on Indian soil.

Two whole day away from his baby.