|04|

I did made a little change. Read the book again please.

Semi-finals WC match,
IND vs NZ...

The Wankhede stadium was filled to the brim for today's match

The Wankhede stadium was filled to the brim for today's match. The air was palpable with anticipation and excitement. Everyone sat their curiously. The whole stadium buzzed with energy at another level afterall it the match is against the Kiwis.

In the dugout, captain Rohit Sharma is filling his warriors with lots of good words and encouragement.

" This CWC has been a winning streak for India and we vow to give our best and not break this. We also will give our 100% and show the Kiwis who the fighters are. Whether we win or lose what matters is our efforts because even the win or loss depends on it. I know my boys got this and trust you on this. "

Hope, trust and determination in the eyes of their captain cool had fueled them with confidence. It was time and India won the toss.

The captain decided to go with batting first. Virat and Ishan were to open. Though Ishan was confident with encouragement from captain somewhere his own self-belief stumbled. He was nervous.

( A/n : as I already told you guys this is my fiction and there are some events manipulated to fit the storyline. Do not compare this with real life incidents. Thank you. )

Hardik and Jasprit could sense his overthinking brain plotting all kind of scenarios.

" Don't. " Was all Hardik uttered to the young lad.

" Huh!!??"

" Stop overthinking Ishan. We know you will do your best. The team trust you. " Jasprit engulfed him in warm and comforting brotherly embrace.

The security from Hardik's warm hand caressing his head was another strength.

He looked around and saw all of them smiling at him. That's it. They trust him and he'll do anything to keep it safe and not break it.

Just as he picked his helmet, his manager came with a bouquet of white roses. There was a note attached to it.

' You will rock it baby I know. I trust you on this. All the best and show them who you are. Most important be self confident and I know you are the best. "

Was what the note said. Weirdly it was from some unknown person but surprisingly it did not feel creepy. It was more soothing and comforting.

This added more to his belief, though there was teasing remarks from his teammates and it made him blush.

He saw Rohit, Rahul and Virat exchange words through eyes and understood their protective brother instinct.

He sighed but a small smile lingered on his face.

(A/n : I'm a recently joined cricket fan so I'm still learning about it. Please forgive if I make some mistake. Oh and the scores of Virat and Ishan are from their partnership in 3rd odi against Bangladesh, where Ishan made his double century.)