|05|

2nd innings.

Finally the second innings started. It was now New Zealand batting and India fielding.

India did set a good target of 397 and 4 wicket down in 50 over. New Zealand team did have a great start but then their middle order broke.

The tension in air was palpable and anticipation in the surrounding was full charged.

Here Shubman sat with his parents with a stoic face but his inside was anything but patience. He can see how Ishan is fielding. His leaps, his rolls, his fall has not been able to calm him. He is worried about Ishan getting injured.

It was 46th over when Ishan caught the ball but fell really hard. A loud cry of pain left him. All the Indian players ran to him.

People ran towards that area to check on him. Later the physiotherapist declared sprain in his left hand wrist. He was taken towards the dugout area for the rest of the game.

" Ro bhaiya " Ishan's cracked voice reach his elder brother.

" Ishu kiddo you need rest. If you will rest then only you'd play the next game. See we are almost at the doors of finale. " Virat soft voice made him understand.

He nodded obediently and walked away.

48 overs are done and New Zealand has lost 9 wickets. Though tension and worry surrounded the stadium, the hint of excitement and happiness was addressed.

"... And that's the last wicket. India won and has reached finals. New Zealand lost by 70 runs. "

All the players run towards the ground shedding tears of happiness and struggling to suppress the happy adrenaline rush. All the players hugging and shouting their lungs out.

" We did it bhaiya."

" We did it. "

Was the word mostly passed around the teammates. Slowly the wives, kids and families descended.

Ishan got a wonderful surprise. His parents and brother were there with huge smile and proudness shining in their eyes. He bent down to take his parents blessings and then hugged them all. His mother showered him with kisses complaining who thin he got and about his injury.

His laugh and giggles and whines resonated in the surrounding. Shubman along with his family and Pandya's stood a little away from them could hear their exchange.

He internally cooed and chuckled at his cuteness. It was wonder how quickly he changed from all serious player on the field to a mischievous little kid.

Hardik and Natasha also laughed at Ishan. He is a 4 year in the body of 24.

" Oh Ishan I want you to meet someone. " His father spoke. ' Not what I'm thinking ' Ishan groaned.

" Ahh!!! Mr Gill. Meet him my son Ishan Kishan and Ishan this is Mr lakhwinder Gill. He is uncle to the guy who we decided for you. " His father beamed happily.

The silence that spread later was broken by a " What !!??"

It was our very own Ishman.

Others understood Ishan's reaction and jassi close to him pulled in a hug. He saw Ishan stumble.

But what confused them was Shubman's reaction.

" Who is getting married dad ??" His tone was cold and calm but eyes were burning. Whoever saw him right now felt goosebumps. It scared them.

" It's Sameer, beta. What's wrong ?? " His mother spoke.

The anger in him multifold at that name. Sameer was the most spoilt brat of the family. He is an alcoholic and has been in multiple scandal though it never came to light because of their family power.

Give one last glance to Ishan he rushed out from there afraid to scare his bunny more.

Even Hardik, Natasha and Shahneel were disappointed at the older Gills. But Shubman's weird behaviour worried them though Hardik got his doubt.

" Let's call it a night guys. I'll request the coach to distribute the prize and medals tomorrow." Rahul suggested and earned a nod from captain. Him and Shreyas walked to the sponsors and coaches.

Slowly everyone dispersed. Ishan was all time with his brother and never spoke a word his parents through the journey.

Reaching home he directly rushed to his room and locked himself.

Other side Shubman is racing his car towards the penthouse he owns. Quickly get in he threw his shirt and started boxing his anger out.

Hardik aware of his habits rushed after him after assuring the family members and ensuring their safety.

As predicted Shubman was there boxing while his hands bruised.

" It was Ishan right. The guy you spoke about. " That stopped him but no reply passed.

" You know his brothers and us will never let this happen. If his brothers even got a whiff about Sameer's condition, Ishan will never even get a chance to know how Sameer looked like. " The elder assured the angry guy.

It did ease him to some extent but what if even he won't be able to -

" No. Don't think that. I'm still here and I know you are the best for Ishan. " His brother had his back.

The cousin stumbled a little when the younger engulfed him. Hardik was surprised because it's been years Shubman hugged anyone except his mom.

He smiled. Ishan is surely the positive change Shubman needed. He can already see the effect.

" Oh my goodness. The Shubman Gill hugged me, I'm blessed. " He teased the guy and received a punch. " Let's go home. "

' I hope Ishan is ok. ' he nodded and moved buttoning his shirt.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

How is this ??

Are you guys enjoying?? Is it going too fast ??

Can someone give me description to fit this book?? I need to change it.

Please vote and comment.