021. reha .

mar. 16, 2024.

6:11 p.m.

Fuck. Shit. Balls. 

I spotted Bella across the room, my heart literally stopping. She's wearing dress? Who the hell forced that onto her? But hell, I'm not complaining. At all.

The dress looks exactly like the one her sister was wearing, but it's black. And maybe it's because I'm down astronomically bad, or maybe I just like black over red, but Bella looks so fucking hot.

I slumped in my seat, crossing my arms and glaring across the room. Of course she's talking to some random guy right now. 

"Reha, come take a shot with us!" Matt shouted from across the kitchen. I raised an eyebrow, turning my head to them.

"Kay." I mumbled, standing up and walking over to them.

Matt grinned, pouring a shot and handing it to me. "That's my boy!" he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, holding his arm with the shot glass out. "Cheers!"

"Cheers!" everyone else shouted in unison, clinking the small cups together and downing them.

I downed the cup, feeling the burn in my throat. Shit, that's tequila.

I winced as the drink slid down my throat, and I could feel the warmth spreading through my chest.

I grabbed another shot, deciding it was the best way to deal with my conflicting emotions. The alcohol burned less this time, but its effects were taking hold. 

I scanned the room for Bella, raising my eyebrows once I finally saw her alone. I grabbed a water bottle, making my way over to her.

Her face lit up when she spotted me. "Reha!" 

"Hey," I replied, trying to act nonchalant. "Having a good time?"

"Mhm! I've been looking for you."

I smiled slightly, trying to keep my cool. "Well, you found me."

She shuddered. "I can't believe I let my sister talk me into wearing this dress. It's so not me."

"You're pulling it off, if that's any consolation."

Why the fuck did I say that.

She rolled her eyes, grinning. "Okay, smooth talker. What's your take on the party so far?"

I shrugged, taking a sip of my water. "It's a party. Loud music, people dancing, and... shots." I gestured towards the kitchen where Matt was leading the next round.

She raised an eyebrow. "You take any?"

I nodded. "Two." 

"Damn. I'd take some, but I'm already on my second glass of whiskey."

"What the fuck? It's been 20 minutes."

She laughed. "I'm sorry!"

"You are insane." I sighed.

Bella leaned in a little closer, her voice lowering. "You seem off tonight. Everything okay?"

I hesitated for a moment, not wanting to burden her with my shit. "Just some stuff on my mind. Nothing major."

She gave me a frown. "If you ever want to talk about it, I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere."

Please don't go anywhere. I'll die if you do. "Thanks."